Bringing Dead discussions to LIVE..

I cannot call that one as a tactic of mine, but surely i adopt it, when i feel somewhat disinterested in mylotting and when i am not starting any topics, here. I go to some of the old interesting discussions of my friends, may be that are more than one or two years old.. and respond them, by adding comment on it. Certainly when the friend, sees what are all the comments received by his/her friends, they will be surprised to see their old discussion active again.. Giving a surprise and tinge of happiness to my friends here, makes me happy also. Have you done like this? Cheers Saivenkat.
@lkbooi (16100)
Yeah saivenkaat, thank you for you have done this good deed as to reanimate my old discussions earlier. I felt really happy to see them reactive again. I would like to do this once in a while as well. I usually go to the best responses I have received and to reactivate a couple of them by sending my gratitude to the hosts of the posts for selecting mine as the BR. Sometimes when I come across any old discussions which I am interested I then would try to respond them, no matter how old the discussions are. The oldest which I had responded was the one with two years old. posting and have a nice day.
@cheongyc (5072)
This is really a good way to reactivate the old discussions. I did that sometimes, but not on the purpose of reactivating the old discussions. I mean, when I got best response, I just go and express my gratitude towards the discussion owner. But, unintentionally, I replied quite late, and indirectly, the old discussions was reactivated, after have been idling for, say, 3 months. It's good to the discussion owner (which sometimes is our friends too)
@lkbooi (16100)
I think most of us here would like to see our old discussions to be reactivated again. Other than to express our gratitude to the discussion creator to show our courtesy, we also help to reactivate the old discussion unintentionally at the same time. Surely your delayed post which you expressing your gratitude to the owner of the post would bring the old discussion again to the top among all his discussions. posting and cheers.
@gemini_rose (16192)
Yes I usually do this when I run out of other discussions to answer, sometimes though when they are 2 years old I do not bother.
This time i am doing.. hahaha.. for this discussion also..
@secretbear (19463)
hi saiven! actually i'm doing that right now. ^__~ i'm responding to old discussions of my friends and making those discussions alive again. i remember i started a discussion before asking people here if its okay to bring up my old discussions with few responses by starting the same topic. i didn't have to do it. many of them took the effort on browsing through my discussions and picked out those with few responses and they responded to it making the discussions alive again. there are really nice people around here. so i went through their old discussions too and responded to their discussions with few responses.
@anex08 (868)
Yes, I enjoy it and really feeling thankful. I also started doing it when I have nothing to post. Cheers!!
Actually I do that too. Sometimes old discussion are better that new ones.. of course those discussion do not include like news or some current events from the past mainly with a subject that can be talk about all the time.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I respond to discussions that intrest me also. No matter how old they are. Just because I am intreasted in them also. Sometimes they get a response and sometimes they don't. i think it is really neat myself. When I see a old topic of mine getting a response.
that is very kind of you to live your friend's old discussions. i notice here if an old discussion get "reborn", it will get at least one or two more responses. i sometimes respond old discussions, whether they belong to my friends or others.
@Bd200789 (2994)
I do that, too. I like it when someone responds to one of my older posts, so I try to do the same. If I find a discussion I like, I go ahead and respond to it, no matter how old it is.
@Scarrlet (168)
• Ukraine
I think that's great that you are looking through old discussions. I look through many of them now, and find that i am more interested in those that were posted long time before i joined mylot. I wonder if people really do not respond to them anymore only because the last posts were written much earlier. We can find many ideas and answers there, and also get inspiration for the new discussions.
@lilybug (21145)
I have replied to several discussions lately that are 6 months, a year or two old.
It's fun to look into the mylot archives and give some old topics a "rebirth" haha. I enjoy when others look at my older topics and comment on them, so like your ethics, why not do it more often and maybe someone will return the favor someday if by you doing it sparks others interests to look into the old . You reminded me of this act of kindness, so I think I will go look through the old topics in my interest categories hehe.