old age homes

Pakistan
do you prefer sending your grand parents , {or parents..any senior in family , who have fitness problem} to old age homes..Or you would like to keep them with you at home? We all know now a days , and in coming days , the average age is increasing as science has made so much progres..Please share your views...
Hi If I have a senior member of my family with health problems I will keep him/her with my family. I will try to give them the maximum comfort I can offer. I could not find any reason why I should send them away in old age home when they need the love, care and attention of their family. If they are too sick and they can not do things with out help, I think it is better to hire somebody to look after them at home while other members can not dedicate 100% of their time to the grand parent. But still we can share our time when ever we are free and they can see their grand children around them. In my opinion we should be grateful to our grand parents, when they were young they gave their attention and earnings to us and they love us more than any thing. Why should we send them alone and away when they can not live with out the physical support of us? It should be a two way business not otherwise. If we recieved the love and care from them, we should have to give the same back to them at the time they require them most.
• Pakistan
Hello dear, thanks for a reply..I know you are from Kerela state, and it has a very % of literacy and I had my teachers from your state in my childhood days. I thought,this discussion will be interesting, but I got only two replies in 24 hours.I think few are concerned about their elders. In coming decade, this issue will be most painful. I am glad you are in my friends list. Regards
My grandparents are already gone, but I would never ever put my parents in any type of 'home'. If they become ill or just too old to take care of themselves, I want to be the one taking care of them. Nursing homes are cold lonely places. I still feel inside like the 20 year old I used to be, and always try to see the elderly the same way. The same on the inside with an aged body that nobody can do anything to change. Where is that fountain of youth anyway?
• Pakistan
thank you dear for your response and sharing views...You are only third person to reply, and that shows how much we care our elders ...and it seems , most of us forget that one day they will be needing a someone to look after them...If God gives them a long life...
I would choose to keep them at home. We did this with my grandmother, and she was very happy. I understand some people cannot due to work and children and so forth. I let my gradmother stay with us, and it was actually a lot of fun! We had some great times together before she passed and we play Gin Rummy everynight :) I would fefinatly choose to keep them at home, unless of course, they have medical needs beyond your control requiring 24/hr supervision.