Jesus 'Tomb' Controversy (Reported by Times)

Singapore
I had came across this piece of news that was published in Time (CNN) on January 16th, 2008. The news report states that a TV documentary (aired by Discovery Channel last year) raised the possibility that archaelogists had found the family tomb of Jesus Christ in the hills behind Jerusalem, and this had caused a huge backlash among Christians. Questions that were raised about the tomb that was unearthed in 1980 continued to make waves among archeologists and Biblical scholars.As a result, there was a fierce debate that went on for 3 days, but till the end, people still remained divided and there was no resolution to this controversy. The tomb was found by construction workers digging the foundations for an apartment building in the Talpiot hills, a modern suburb of Jerusalem. The ossuaries, (including the one with the scrawl "Jesus, son of Joseph". However, this was disputed by experts that although Jesus and the others (Mary, etc..) were common Jewish names during the days of the Second Temple, the chances of them all being found in the same crypt, belonging to the same family, were rare. What do you guys think about this?
hmmm, allow me to comment on this please. as for me, if we will keep on bothering ourselves with what really happened before, the debate will not end. technology will never stop explaining things. but even if technolgy is always proving otherwise of what we learned from the bible, it won;t make Jesus Christ less of a Savior. the concern here is not how, when, or where was Jesus. but this is a matter of why. Why did He die on the cross and the answer is as sweet as nothing: For you, for me, for all of us. Jesus said, that we are all worth dying for. =)
Of course, everyone would have their own opinions, and you are definately entitled to yours. I respect it =)
Interesting! But you have not provided the link so that I can read it for myself, angelia. Cheers and happy mylotting
i did not realise that we could post links in Mylot. Lol, anyway, I am not able to copy and paste the link to you as my post is not enough. Will PM you the link =)
Oh, I am so sorry, I did not notice that you are a brand new Mylotter. :) :) A very warm welcome to Mylot, and I hope you have a nice time here. When you make 100 posts, you will get a cute star and you will be able to track your Mylot reputation, the way others view you here in Mylot. And whey you post 500 posts, mylot trusts you enough to allow you to copy and paste. You can copy and paste links then. But, it is against the rules to post affiliate links. Cheers!
@efc872 (1078)
• Jamaica
This have to be a hoax or it will be terrible blow to this planet.
? Please explain? I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and of course different people believe in different matters pertaining to religion. It was reported in Times, which I believed that would not be fake news. There must be some basis for the news report in order to be published in the newspaper. =)
@efc872 (1078)
• Jamaica
It will be a terrible blow to this planet if it is true.
@rrdj71 (696)
THIS IS GREAT for the atheists and non believers who continually deny the existence our wonderful Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. That is like a slap in the face!! Praise the Lord He LIVES!!
Everyone has their own beliefs and convictions. We should respect each and everyone's beliefs. It's good that you have such a strong faith in your God and that is something to be respected. Well, take care.
@AJ1952Chats (2338)
• Anderson, Indiana
Jesus was actually a very common name--a variation of Joshua--and even a later disciple was named Jesus. And, of course, names like Mary & Joseph are extremely common. Besides His mother, Jesus associated with a minimum of two other Marys. So, I think that this was just a coincidence. At the time of Jesus' execution, there wasn't even a grave or tomb that was really His own, so He was placed in a borrowed tomb belonging to a rich man named Joseph. I don't even know that a family crypt was that common back then except for among the rich. This could even be some kind of a hoax to try to discredit the Gospel, so I would take it with a grain of salt.
Yes, I am aware that Jesus is a very common name, especially back in the olden days. Hmm, the weird thing that experts are debating about is that his entire family clan was also found in the same tomb. Weird coincidence or facts? Don't think it's really a hoax as this was reported by Time (inconjunction with CNN) and a big news company like this would not want to smear their reputation by reporting untruths, don't you think so?