Anniversay of the Americans with Disabilities Act!

@cripfemme (7713)
Today is the 18th birthday of the Americans with Disabilities Act. It's the major civil rights law for people with disabilities in the US! My life has been greatly improved by this law which ensures that disabled people have opportunities to access public buildings and services, as well as chances to have jobs and socially participate. When it was passed, I was a thirteen year old girl, enjoying her first trip away from home at disability summer camp. We had a dance to celebrate. Since then, I make it a point to go out of the house every July 26th! I feel it's important for people for see wheelchair users in the community doing normal, everyday things. Today, I went to library and to the grocery. Did you do anything to celebrate?
cripfemme hi yes it is important for allof us to see wheelchair useers in the community doing the normal things we all do. I am disabled but not in a wheelchair I have a heavy brace on my leftleg attahed to a heavyboot 'so that I can walk. as I had a damaged tendon years back that was never repaired as the dumb doctor thought it was a mere sprain.So i sort of knolw what being handicapped is all about.