Getting Work Done At Home

how is it done?? How can we work at home AND still have to take care of the home and kids and shopping, school, yard, EVERYTHING???? I am getting really tired. I have to stay up late and get up really early to be able to get any work done before my toddler wakes up.
@Neriz69 (1042)
Me too, It's really tough. Right now I'm still working an 8 to 5 job and still take care of four kids. I really plan on retiring next year. I just hope to be able to sustain my health so I can still wait until next year to retire. I need to take vitamins to sustain myself.
@bjcyrix (6910)
hi! I think you need a break and better time management. I know its easier said that done but you should do what needs to be done first and then maybe put off some things that you can do later or maybe tomorrow. I think that will keep you sane.LOL I was going to suggest that you can stay up late and get up early but you have to have a day where you can sleep until noon. But you mentioned that you have a kids and a toddler to take care of and that really does change everything. I know it must be tiring(babysat my cousins) but you have lots of things to take care of at the same time. Why not get a helper or maybe a relative or a friend who can help you out a bit even for just a few hours or maybe a day so you can recharge and take care of yourself too.? Its just a thought. Hope that helps. Goodluck!
@Sillychick (3279)
You can't do it all, and you shouldn't expect yourself to. Get help. Ask your husband for help. He needs to pitch in. You are working from home, caring for your children, and taking care of the home-- that's a lot for any one person to do. Prioritize, and get what you can done- whatever you feel is most important. Everything else can wait. Don't spread yourself too thin. When it gets tough for me, I just tell my husband I need help and he understands. He often helps without being asked.
@jillbeth (2710)
I have been working from home for the past few years and I know how difficult it is to get everything done! I don't have my own small kids anymore but my grandkids are often here and they can be so distracting! I have a few suggestions: Set priorities. How important is to you and your family that the house is spotlessly clean and uncluttered and that the lawn is mowed? Don't let your home turn into a hovel, but if you have high standards, relax them a little. Delegate chores. If the kids are old enough, they can help wash dishes, pick up their own clutter and clean up after themselves. Older kids can do laundry or vacuum the house. Find ways to involve the kids in your work. My little granddaughter loves to help me wrap packages for shipping. She even gets upset if I wrap them without her help. Ask a close friend who is going shopping if she minds picking up a few things for you while she is out. Take an afternoon nap while your toddler naps, so you can have a break and won't be so worn out at night! Or find a sitter for a couple hours in the afternoon so you can work without distractions.