Just Like The Olde Days

@webeishere (36353)
I have been cravinf some Hersheys Chunky brownies but have not made them due to the heat and humidity here. Well it was a decent day today so I baked them finally. Now I did like they did in the olde days, mom included, I set the hot brownies fresh out of the oven onto my front deck railing to cool off in Mother natures Breeze. Now I can't wait for them to cool off. Hee hee. I keep a watchful eye on them as I fear the squirrels may love chocolate as much as I do. So do you set out your fresh baked goodies outside to cool like mom used to do? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@Katlady2 (9920)
I never set mine outside, but I would use the cooling racks and set them out on the counter. Your brownies sound sooooo yummy! Please have one for me, ok? LOL
@webeishere (36353)
Cooling racks used here as well. On rainy days or when it is nasty outside. Otherwise on the deck railing or patio table. I'll have a few for you actually. Yummy! Ahhhh! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@LadyMarissa (12160)
OMG GB, you're driving me crazy. I LOVE a good brownie. I can smell them & can't wait for them to cool off. We can't set any food outside here (South USA) or them cranky ol bears show up out of nowhere & eat em :) Dang...now I gotta make some freakin brownies & IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT
@webeishere (36353)
I will take the blame. Send them to me vie UPS then. Hee hee hee! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@LadyMarissa (12160)
OMG you're a brat. Yours should be cool by now & I'm supposed to fight off bears so I can mail you some. I think UPS goes both ways. When should I expect to receive them???
@webeishere (36353)
UPS does go both ways. Hee hee! Send some brownies and in the fall I'll send fresh apples. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@walijo2008 (4646)
Oh Grandpa Bob, you and your sweet tooth...I hope one of these days you don't become diabetic, it might just be the end of you...lol.J/K..I know you like your sweets, I for one am diabetic so I can't have it, but those brownies sound good. I make some for my husband once in awhile, he sure likes them too, but I've never sit them outside to cool, afraid something might run off with them..lol. Have a good day
yeah, you probably would. I'd have to watch out for ol' grandpa bob might be sneaking around...lol.
@jillhill (37379)
Not outside but on the window sill in the kitchen. Reminds me of the old Leave it to Beaver or other sitcoms where the lady of the house used to do it too....my mother also put things outside to cool. Blessed are the good olde days!
@webeishere (36353)
Oh but it is more homey feeling having them outside on a table or something. The Cleavers were awesome but way too wholesome. Hahaha! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@jillhill (37379)
Yes they were.....you sometimes wonder what they did for fun! LOL
@Wyldrose (1216)
I don't set anything outside. I guess I could, though.. I never really thought about it. One of my back porches is screened in and we have our patio table and chairs there... hmm...good idea....thanks :)
@webeishere (36353)
You can set goodies to cool on the table in the 3 season porch then. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@Wyldrose (1216)
Wow, I posted this twice...didn't realize that. I thought the firstone didnt go thru..LOL And, yes, I probably will now.. Thanks :)
@lilybug (21145)
We have too many animals to put food outside to cool. I would have to stand out there with a broom and shoo them away the entire time if I did that. I do not recall my mother ever doing it either when I was growing up. We dug into the brownies while they were still warm.
@webeishere (36353)
I recall mom baked a lot of pies when we had our street paved back in the 60's. She made them for the construction workers. She had them on the from steps cooling. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@cjgrooms (4456)
Heavens no, if the squirrels didn't steal it, the birds would poop on it!
@webeishere (36353)
I covered it after taking the photo. HAHAHA! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
Yum, sounds so good! I don't put my baked goods outside-- I eat them warm! Or sometimes I stick them in the fridge for a couple minutes so they cooled down. They're usually still quite warm when I'm enjoying them with a glass of milk!
@webeishere (36353)
You can still set them oputside until they are just warm and not hot. Hell sit outside with it in youtr lap after it gets just the right warmth for you. Hahahaha! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@byfaithonly (10716)
I've never set anything food wise outside to cool but then when it comes to the Hersheys Chunky brownies I can't wait for them to cool - second their out of the oven in my mouth they go :) I'm headed to your house to see if I can beat the squirrels to them :)
@webeishere (36353)
They are best when still warm but not hot. I microwave them later when I want one. A glass of cold milk. Ahhhhh! Yummy! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@checapricorn (16065)
Hi Grandpa B, hmmm...sounds great snacking there! We do that also, prefer to stay also outside while waiting for the baked brownies to cool and at the same time enjoying the fresh free air! LOL! Enjoy!
@webeishere (36353)
It didn't stay out long. Dad and I both craved a brownie. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
I think I would be afraid the critters would get into them. i am surrounded by trees on all sides and I'm sure an enterprising little animal would land on whatever I had out there. If I did it I would have to cover it and keep a close watch otherwise I might end up with little footprints in my goodies.
@webeishere (36353)
Can set them out covered tightly to keep critters away. All except racoons and bears maybe. They are clever animals. Well they didn't sit out too long anyhow here. Dad and I ate some while still really warm. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@tyc415 (5706)
I have never set anything out like that to cool but I do remember my mother setting pies or things like that in the window to cool. Brownies sure do sound good but way to hot here to even think about the oven, hard enough to even think of turning an electric burner on. Right now it is 92 but with the heat index it feels like 104 outdoors.
@webeishere (36353)
It's not bad here. Hot but the humidity is down a bit. Still the dew point is in the mid 60's but not unbearable. Mom used to bake pies and set them out on the picnic table to cool covered with newspapers and with a piece of plywood covering them to keep critters out. Well Friday we are going to be in the mid to high 90's with high humidity as well. Sat and Sun same but not as hot temp wise. Stay cool friend. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@Mickie30 (2631)
Wow Hershey bars sounds delicious. I am on a low sugar diet so they are out of question. If you were here in the UK you would probably enjoy our British chocolate that is sweet and milky. We have Diary chocolate and it is delicious.
@webeishere (36353)
Yummmy. I want some now. I love chocolate of all kinds. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
Those sound delicious. I wouldn't have been surprised if the squirrels would've tried to make off with them. I never set my baked goods outside to cool; it's a nice idea, but I'm too paranoid about all the bugs flying about.
@Barb42 (4216)
I never set anything outside to cool - birds, squirrels, and dogs around here. But I do make Hershey's chunky brownies for my grandkids. Had some to make this week, but one of the grandsons doesn't like brownies, so I didn't make them. Meant to send it home with the other grandson who went home this morning and completely forgot it. But, when I do make them, they no more than get out of the oven onto the stove before the kids have them cut and half gone! They are so much better warm with a good old cold glass of milk! Now that is yummy!
@guybrush (4660)
Sounds delicious! We couldn't put biscuits outside to cool here, as the kookaburras and parrots would be pretty quick to take them! Once when we were on holidays on an island off Queensland, we left the balcony doors open and the cockatoos came inside while we were out and ripped open all the little sugar sachets! When we came home there was sugar all over the place and little ripped packets in the apartment and on the balcony. (You can't trust Australian birds!)
Hello webeishere, The last time i made brownies, I had them cooling near my kitchen widows and these critters polished them off, yes two legged critters my husband and his friend when they came in from their bike ride and just left a peice. Tamarafireheart.
@ElicBxn (61063)
Well, its a bazillion degrees out there so I'm avoiding heating up the house by using the oven. It'll probably be October before I WANT to cook again.
@Wyldrose (1216)
I don't set anything outside. I guess I could, though because one of my back porches is screened in and right off the kitchen and we have a patio table and chairs there... I never really thought about it...hmmm..good idea....thanks :)
@skinnychick (6906)
Are you supposed to let them cool! LOL I have problems letting stuff like this cool. I always eat them pretty much right away! Ughhhh! I can't wait!