Reporting people

I just want people on here to know that I am sick and tired of people on here posting the same exact discussions I have had and making them their own. It is some crap especially when everyone refuses to answer mine that I posted two days before someone else. So everytime I find a discussion that is like mine I want you to know that I am and will report you. Dont like it then too bad. You should have searched the topic before you posted.
@tigger44 (144)
Will people please grow up on here please. R we not all adults on here? You should treat people on here with respect and not like 2 year olds. But, I do have to admit there are a lot of discussions on here that are simmiar.
@foxyfire33 (10009)
Doesn't that go both ways? She's having a hissy fit and threatening to report people, how is that very "grown up"? I don't see where any of our responses have been out of line.
@tigger44 (144)
It was more towards babyfirefighter then others on here.
@myklj999 (27134)
• Olney, Illinois
I'll make you a deal tigger-if you want to add me as a friend I will send you the links to 20 discussions she has started that I have seen numerous times during my 2 years here. I'm not going to post all of them out in this discussion, but believe me, they are there.
@myklj999 (27134)
• Olney, Illinois
Okay. I just went to your profile and saw at least 20 discussions that I have seen on this board 100 times, yet you are talking about people copying your discussions? Maybe you just need to relax some, 'cause it really looks like the pot calling the kettle black if you ask me.
@foxyfire33 (10009)
I have to agree with mylkj. You have posted a lot of really common, been done before discussions. It happens to all of us, you'll get used to it the longer you're here.
@tigger44 (144)
mykl I have been on her profil also and I do not see 20 discussions that are like anyone elses. For example Dressing Modestly is one of here discussion no one else on here has that discussion. Lets see here KJV vs. Niv is another one that is not copied from anyone else. I have to go back on her profil to get someothers because my memory isnt that good. But, I just dont see it.
@foxyfire33 (10009)
Actually I started a KJV vs NIV a while back. And I saw several other discussions of hers that have been done before too.
@foxyfire33 (10009)
Wait, slow down! Are people copying your exact discussions word for word? Or just posting similar discussions? If it's an exact copy, then yes it should be reported. But similar discussions are unavoidable for a few reasons. First, the search fuction doesn't work as well as it should so your discussions may not always show up when a person does a seach. Secondly, do you honestly expect everybody to be able to come up with a completely unique, never been discussed before topic? Seriously, there are too many people here and the site has existed for too long for there not to be lots of similar discussions. Third, just because something has a similar topic, doesn't mean it's the same discussion. We all have our own opinions and viewpoints about things so there's a good chance the other discussions have ideas not included in yours. If you are having trouble getting responses to yours (I can honestly say I do not recall seeing you before) maybe that's something you need to work on yourself. Are your discussions placed in the appropriate and more popular interests? Are you tagging them correctly? Have you made the effort to create a large enough friends list to generate more responses for yourself? Maybe those are some things you should think about for going off on everybody else. Wrongfully reporting all of us won't gain you any popularity either.
@myklj999 (27134)
• Olney, Illinois
foxy, I was just joking at this person in a discussion they had that it had been "copied' several times, and should I report it? I even put a smiley so they'd know I wasn't serious. And here's what they wrote back: "myklj go ahead and report it. I dare you and see what happens. I will find a reson to report you also." So there goes any sympathy I may have had for them. If they want to threaten to "find a reason" to report me, let them; but with that attitude, I really don't think they'll last long here.
@foxyfire33 (10009)
LOL...I was responding to you at the same time you were responding to me! I agree that certain attitudes do not last long here and this is definitely one of those. The thing is the more I read of this person, she sounds exactly like a friend of mine....that makes me feel the need to be a little nice and had it not been for this discussion we probably would have gotten along well.
@tigger44 (144)
mykl why are you copying things from one discussion to another? I am sure people who are looking at that discussion will see that.
babyfirefighter there are a zillion different posts and there are a lot of similar ones but unlessit is word for word and you know it is copied, then you are reporting people who did you no wrong at all, and probably had theirs out before you did. be careful in reporting someone as similar ones are not a crime as in a community this large and with the search button not working half the time there are a lot of similar discussions. you are letting y ourself get paranoid. sure there are a lot like yours unless you have a terrifically unusual topic. but dont report them or youwill be in trouble with mylot. you are new here yet and dont know all the ropes so just go back through all the zillions of discussions and you will see many similar to yours.calm down nobody is copying you at all.
@cortjo73 (6500)
I do think that it happens to the best of us. Sometimes it is an honest mistake. Sometimes you don't put in the right tags. Sometimes you simply think you are brilliant and only find out later that you are somewhat less brilliant than you thought you were. With 138,333 people on myLot, and God only knows how many discussions, sometimes it is nearly impossible to do a thorough enough search on a topic to make sure you aren't stepping on anyone's toes. I have to admit to having started discussions similar to those others have started. I don't do it on purpose. I consider myself a fairly good standing myLotian. And, if I notice that I have done it, I go back and apologize for it. So, try to be a little forgiving. I don't think that people are doing it on purpose. And, reporting others who may have made an innocent mistake is a little harsh. I understand your frustration. But, you may be hurting someone else who didn't intentionally do you any harm. Granted, there are those who do that kind of stuff on purpose. Sometimes they are pretty obvious and, other times they are a little more covert about it. But, I think the general population of myLot are good-hearted people who don't mean anyone harm.