I am glad for computers because I have the worst handwriting - what about yours?

I always envied people with beautiful handwriting. Mine is downright embarrassing and no matter how slow I take it or redo it, my writing is unable to be read by most people. That is why I am so glad I can type and for my computer. I pretty much type out everything. If I have to write a note, it's almost like I have forgotten how to write because I do it so little. I wonder if eventually kids will not be taught how to write because they will not need it?
@rajeshfgh (1627)
Even I have the same problem. If I write cursive people say they cannot understand my writing. I think to some extent it has to be blamed on the computer which has made pen writing virtually zero. Yeah, I had this discussion with my friends, jokingly telling that kids would have laptops or palmtops instead of paper notebooks and pencils.
I actually learned shorthand in high school - talk about outdated!
@nina0220 (73)
I can say my handwriting is legible enough to be understood. Though it is easier to just use the computer to write I don't think teaching kids not to write will ever happen. Writing is a basic motor skill that everyone should develop. And not everyone has access to a computer nor does know how to use a computer.
It would be sad not to be taught I agree but who knows!
@philjas (1134)
I figured out years ago that typing and computers ruined my handwriting. I also now simply don't have the patience to write anything long by hand. It's hard to imagine that one day they'd stop teaching children how to write by hand, but, I suppose it is within the realm of possibility that it could happen!
I didn't use a computer or typewriter until 7th grade so I have no excuse.
@pkraj111 (2459)
People often mistake me for a doctor. My hand writing is worser than the doctors
My handwriting is actually pretty nice. When I was a child, I always had problems with cursive handwriting, so I usually write in print as much as possible. The only time my handwritint is not legible is when I'm wrtiting very fast, but usually I write at a moderate pace, so it looks good. I'm pretty sure that writing will alwys be taught. Students might use it less as time goes on, since everything is computerized.
@Carolyn63 (1403)
While my handwriting is the best, it isn't like reading your doctors, lol. I still do a lot of writing because of doing estimates and needing information from the customers on their cars. I also enjoy writing poems and meditations which I usually handwrite prior to putting it on the computer to save and to share. However, if I'm writing in a hurry, I may have trouble reading it, lol.
@Nar_87 (181)
• Mongolia
i thought I had the worst handwriting..lol.
@izathewzia (5141)
Computer is really a great help for most of us. Not only in doing correspondences or articles. But in communicating and earning an extra income as well. When it comes to handwriting, I have a readable one.
@pau_79 (793)
Yeah-even reports in school are now computerized. I remember before I have to rewrite my reports coz they are ugly I always run out of paper before i finish my reports. yeah--i also feel lazy writing long phrases nowadays-i just scrawl most of the time
@Llonorra22 (1150)
Me too have the worst handwriting! One more thing I can't write to a paper with out it's guide lines!!! (e.g. bond paper) But now I can do it....
@EAStanley (2688)
I have the worst handwriting. It's kind of sad not to be able to read something that I, myself, wrote. Thank goodness for the computer, indeed! :) It is much faster, it is much easier (and more legible!) to edit, and you can save it, and come back later and make changes very easily! :) You may be right that little kids will no longer be taught how to write by hand. Kind of weird.