you need a degree for fast food now?!?!

i was bored.. as usual.. and i was checking out manager jobs at like wendys and jack in the box and they both wanted you to have a 2 year college degree to be a manager.. um.. why would some one go to college for 2 years to go be a manager at a fast food place?? i mean some people may like that but i wouldnt see how it would end up evening out money wise on how much college cost compared to the job.. are they just trying to raise the standard for employees?
@uath13 (8206)
Managers actually make pretty good money. I can understand some training being required. The teanagers are the ones who don't get squat.
i can definitely understand training being needed
@intimate36 (1416)
• Pakistan
You should have practical experience as well,...along with degree. Though having degree will be great... but if I am the person authorized to select or appoint the manager , I would give importance to how much practical experience , you have...
exactly.. i think experience should trump this.. but they dont want you to even apply if you dont have the degree
@Vladilyich1 (1454)
I think they are being unrealistic. I have had managers work under me that are only high school, that were super. The only thought that is required are opening and closing managers that have to fill out the daily reports. It doesn't take a college education, just training.
thats what i think.. i think they should become managers from experience more than education.. its horrible to think that the lower level employees may just be stuck at their level just because they cant go to college but have worked there 20 years and know the place inside out
It's dang near impossible to get a job doing anything nowadays. Even the tinest jobs need degrees, and one has to have money to go to college. One needs a job to earn money, one needs to go to college to get a job, one needs a job to pay for college that one needs to go to to earn a degree so that they can GE the job they need in orde to pay fo college, and the cycle starts all oer again.
i know you just cant win sometimes
Yup,I need.Now the people that have experience is too much,so,they can raise the stand to choose suit employees.Good luck to you!
@Blondie2222 (23421)
I never heard of that one b4 but guess the world is changing now. Thats dumb espec a fast food place, common!!!!
i know!! they are famous for having stupid employees and so i guess maybe they want to change or people take them more seriously..
@saundyl (9690)
wow, that seems odd to require that. I hope the pay rate is better if you do have the degree!