Gas at 38 cents a gallon ???

@Kowgirl (3490)
WOW! On Tuesday a man who owned a convient store in California was selling preminum gas for only 38 cents a gallon. It should have read $3.83 but somehow at the pump it was .38 NO he didn't know it was set at this price on the pump until he checked it on Wednesday. He did notice that there were a lot of people buying gas and using their debit cards but didn't think anything about it at the time. By the time he checked the pump on Wednesday he has lost a lot of money, they are still trying to figure just how much he lost. What I was wondering was, why didn't anyone let him know? Do you think everyone really thought that 38 cents was the right price? Looks as if there were not one honest person who visited this pump. Would you have brought this mistake to the owners attention or would you have filled up your car and left?
@callarse1 (4786)
Wow! I agree with one poster, I would fill up & tell the owner about it & offer to pay the difference. He probably would have just said now & would change it & the gas would have been 38/gallon! Wow just imagine the people that filled up their gas tanks and if they had spare gas containers! I feel sorry for the owner Pablo
@raydene (9874)
Hi Sweets I would have told him. I would have offered him the difference also. A bargain is a bargain but gaining on someone elses hardship is not a great way for me to get sleep at night! Poor guy! xoxoxoxoxoxo
@littleowl (7157)
Hi kowgirl I cant drive but my son does and I think he would just think it was cheap and just buy it without saying anything blessings littleowl
You and I both know that some of the people knew that was an error, but with the way the economy is I couldn't have been the one to ruin it for everyone!!! I would not only fill up my tank with the cheap gas, but I would have told everyone I knew with a car that they'd better get down to that gas station before he realized what happened. I know this is dishonest, and I am ashamed at my reaction. But nowadays you have to make it any way you can, and I can honestly say yes I would have benefited from this error!!!
@Kowgirl (3490)
You and I both know everyone would have done the same. They would have said it's his mistake and he should have made sure the pump was not malfunctioning or was displaying the wrong price when he saw so many people buying from the same pump and using their debit or credit cards.. Thanks for an honest answer
You are welcome, and thanks for the BR. Many people nowadays try to keep up an appearance of honesty, always saying they will do what is right. The truth of the matter is, there are only a select few people that do what is right no matter what, others do what is right if people are looking. I won't say that I am a low down person. You invite me to your house and there is a $10 bill on the table, it will still be there when I leave. But there are certain circumstances where I am going to take advantage of the situation for myself and my family. That is the way a lot of people in the world, and at least I can be honest enough to say it.
@twoey68 (13651)
I've heard of this happening more than once and in one case someone did call the owner of the station and in another case a teenage son filled up and then told his dad who convinced him to go back the next day and pay the proper price...at least that father is teaching his son the right thing to do. [b]~~AT PEACE WITHIN~~ **STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS**[/b]
@Madona1 (2098)
• Gibraltar
Hello there, my personal view is we are human and make mistakes. It was that owner’s duty to make sure he set the correct price. Now he learns from the hard way. There is another view it is interesting to talk about. I guess this owner could be new or lack of experience. Being an owner, he not only selling but also should promote the business. If his business was suddenly more than usual, there must be a reason behind the scene that he should find out. Especially when people paid at the till, the owner should know relatively how much cost per tank or half tank. After all, it was sad there wasn’t anybody mentioned it to him to rectify the mistake earlier. In my case, I always go for good bargain or sale things and like to tell the cashier I got a good deal. LOL