Can we have a moratorium on discussing Bret Favre, please?????

Seriously, unless he is directly involved in the game, can the announcers NOT mention his name CONSTANTLY????? I'm watching the Eagles play the Panthers in preseason. Bret has NO connection to either team. The game is delayed by rain. To fill time, they interviewed Brian Billick, the former Ravens head coach. Again, Bret has NO connection to the Ravens. Yet, what do they ask him about, the Favre retirement/unretirement. Now that the game is back, they are discussing longetivity of players on the two teams actually playing the game. Yep, the managed to work Bret in there. Really. It needs to stop. I don't want a whole bloody season of hearing about Bret. Unless he is playing, shut up about him. For the sake of those of us who truly love the game and KNOW that Bret is NOT the greatest player to ever play. There are approximately 2500 other current players in the League. How about devoting some time to them -- especially if they actually playing the game being broadcast.
@babostwick (2037)
I agree. The problem is that probably they worship the ground he walks on and probably have golden statues of him. Unless he's playing a game actually, then what he does should not be talked about 24/7. That's the one thing I can't stand is their nonstop Favre coverage. I'd rather they just worry about the game itself and not figure out more about Favre. It's like an unhealthy obsession.
Tell me about it. So much for journalistic detachment. Of course, I will be chortling happily the first time he throws one of his boneheaded interceptions (truly great players don't do that). Instead of going along with his blaming his teammates, the NY press will crucify him. They are not nearly as tame as the Green Bay press. They are cruel even to players who are doing well. When one screws up, they are merciless. Bret will be crying back in Mississippi shortly thereafter. Hopefully never to be heard from again.
I know. He messed up, it will be off with his head being said. I do not know but I do not see this team going to the Super Bowl. I wish the media should shut up about him. What are they going to do next, report on him getting out of bed and figuring out what he's going to do for the day? At this point, I've pretty much tuned him out and anytime they mention him, I either mute the TV or something.
@mscott (1924)
You should try being in the same state. Every news cast, every radio talk show, every water cooler discussion, it is horrible. Now that he did ok and Rogers had a horrible last game it is just going to continue. I think this might go down as the biggest mistake a gm and coach ever made. It was obvious they ran him out because they didn't think it was there team, they knew it was Favres. You play to win now and if having Favre and Rogers on the team competing was worse than having no quarterbacks who have ever started then something is wrong.
I feel for you living in the state. But, I can't agree this was a mistake. Favre has been making more and more mistakes over the last years. Ones that no experienced quarterback should be making. The team needed to move on. He has strung them along the last few years. This year, they weren't going to play that game. If Favre didn't like it, well tough. Football is a manly game. There is no room for "feelings." Then when he did retire, the team made its plans for Rodgers. he showed up, he was at the OTAs. He concentrated on his game. Then out of the woodwork, Favre decided sitting down on a farm in Mississippi didn't get him enough attention to soothe his hurt feelings. So, he demanded to come back. A competition would not have worked. No matter how it came out, someone would have claimed it was never a real competition. the best way this could have turned out was for Favre to take the marketing deal. He could have gotten a ton of attention and the team could have moved on. But, Favre wasn't having that. It was his way or no way. Now, I just want him to shut up and go away. Well, okay, I've been wanting them since 1996.
@srhelmer (7031)
• Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
I can understand why they want to mention him but I agree, at some point it gets old. The Packers made a choice and, so far, it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal; Aaron Rodgers looked really good in his first career start and, unlike Favre, he was playing against a Super Bowl contender. Players change teams all the time. Why doesn't anyone make a big deal out of the Seahawks getting rid of Shaun Alexander or the Giants having to live without the retired Michael Strahan?
• Ecuador
Even though I am a packers fan, I am to starting to get tired of the Brett Favre story. Luckily, however the Green Bay Packers do not play the New York Jets until 2012 in Lambuea Field.I would like to see the Packers killl the Jets with Favre starting at QB. With the Jets, he has no chance of getting to the Super Bowl so why even talk about that. The AFC is way to powerful for the Jets to even get to the Super Bowl