Do you get nervous when you know you're going to meet someone new?

This evening we are going to meet up with an old friend of my hubby's who he hasn't seen in years. His friend is married with kids now. I've never met this friend or his family, so I'm very nervous. Would you be nervous about a meeting like this?
@DonnaLawson (4032)
I use to be very much like you described.. I would get so nervous that I would almost get sick.. Over the years although, I seem to have grown out of it, I no longer get nervous.. I figure now they will either like me or not, I also figure if they don't like me, then who cares.. I guess this attitude comes with age, maybe you will have the same attitiude one day.. Are you meeting for dinner or some type of meal, it is a bit easier when you have something to occupy you if you don't hit it off very well.. Good luck with your meeting..
We met at a playground so the kids would have something to do, and actually we hit it off quite nicely, and hope to do it again in the future.
Thanks so much for the Best Response, I appreciate it.. Donna
@gemini_rose (16192)
Oh yes I would be a bag of nerves, I always am when I meet new people. I think it is absolutely terrifying especially if they are friends of the hubby. I just think that I will end up doing something to embarrass myself and they will not like me LOL I hope that it all goes really well for you and you end up with some new friends!
Yes it did go well, and it's something that probably will happen again sometime soon.
Not sure that I would be nervous, maybe curious. So how did the Meet go? Ihope it went well!
Yes it went well. We hope to do it again sometime in the future.
@Barb42 (4216)
I always get a little nervous myself. You never know what to expect. And also, I can't just make conversation if the other person has a time of making conversation, too. It is awkward when you have to sit and just listen and not be able to talk. Don't know if you have that trouble or not, but it would be my worry. I've experienced it out before when we'd meet up with my husband's friends from school and their wives. Perhaps the man was an easy talker but not his wife. That is terrible for me!
I'm am very much a talker, so this is never a concern to me. The only thing I don't like much is being interrupted, but our conversations seemed to flow quite nicely last night. The only interruptions were from the kids.
@icegermany (2524)
usually no, i dont feel nervous but i will be confused how to speak to him n how that person might be , i would have this kind of questions in my mind and i know atlast everything is going to be fine.