Therapist Horror Story

I suffered from depression for most of my life from various reasons. Mostly from an abusive alcoholic father and being molested when I was young. It took me until I got into college and had a break down before I did anything about it. I started seeing a therapist. I think I ended up with the world's worst therapist. I swear the man wasn't happy until he made me cry. I would go in to see him and be in a good mood and leave crying. But that I could deal with and brush off because hey i was depressed. But the kicker of it was one day it was brought up about how I was molested. He said I must of liked it because I let it go on for so long. What child likes to be molested? When you are scared to death to say anything, afraid no one will believe you, and even worse what someone would do if they did believe you, what are you to do? But that's not the point of this. How on earth is asking a question like that supposed to help solve anything? And has anyone else gone to see a therapist for help with a problem and had more problems added on because of the therapist?
@pehpot (4762)
What the f! what kind of therapist is that? but I have a theory, maybe the reason why he asked if you liked it because he also wants to take advantage of you. the problem with that profession is you can never sue them when things go way beyond low, just like yours, because I am sure they would just say it's their 'psychological healing process techniques" sigh. I advice you to stop seeing him and look for another therapist. If you think he is not making you any good that is.
Shortly after he said that i quit seeing him.
Wow! What a therapist, is he for real? He should get his license taken for making people getting more depressed coming to him. I've never been to a therapist, so I don't know which one is good and which one is not. Hope you've find a better therapist by now pheonixstar! Happy mylotting and have a nice day!!
I did get a better therapist that helped me a lot.
he was prob figuring your in the like 0.00001% that actually gets attached to their attackers like those kidnap victims that some how bond and end up defending their kidnappers.. but i dont think he should have EVER asked that.. if that had been the case he could have figured it out on his own and like i said its rare so its not like its a common thing to where you should ask
I dont think he is a proffessional at all. Good thing you stop going to him and finally found a therapist that can really help you. I never go to one, well except from the school's councellor who is my friend. But outside school, I dont. I get off with depression all by myself.