Do you bite your nails?

Well I use to bite my finger nails but stopped when I got married and then started again, I have stopped for a while now but tonight found myself nibbling away on 2 of my finger nails (not both at the same time!), but now they feel so strange and I really wish I hadn't done that!!
@lanlan011 (701)
I dont know what you call it. Like I dont bite OFF my nail. I dont like biting my nail off. But i bite my nail, i guess sorta chew or nibble. I dont bite them off.
Nibbling is what I call it which is what I do, I never nibble right back only the white bit if that makes sense!! Thanks for your response
@sirnose (2439)
Yes I bite my nails it started when I was a child and has continue into my adulthood.I don't know what started it I just nibble away at them sometimes I bite a piece off and just chew it to tiny pieces and then spit the pieces out I never eat them just chew them.Someone should do a study to find out why some people like to bite their finger nails.
I don't think I've ever eaten my nails just chew them and then spit them out, yeah maybe a study would be good, maybe we should do one!!!!
@rjblueyes (215)
yes, i do sometimes. just when they get pretty long cause with 3 kids no time to file em. what's worse isbiting my toenails. i know its gross, but i've done it since i was a little kid, i just can't seem to help it!
I don't think I'd even be able to reach to bite my toenails . . not that I want to ha ha!! Strange how you just can't break some habits, we all have them, thanks for your response!
@Sheepie (3115)
I just finished nipping off a bit of my thumbnail just a second ago. And I'm wearing nail polish, so that's an unpleasant taste. I do it all the time, then I file them down so it does not look and feel ridgy. I mostly just do it because I am bored.
Yeah i agree I think I was nibbling partly due to boredom! If I paint my nails I tend to chew of the nail varnish.
@saundyl (9789)
Oh yes. I'm terrible for it...After i bite them the look so ragged i need to find a file and fix them. They never stay nice for long. I'm notorious for biting them. Especially my right hand.
Ha ha how true is that for me as well, after biting them I need a file to sort them out, thanks for the response!
I never bite my nails not even once. I think biting nails is not a good habit.
Lately, I've been doing that. Usually I don't. I think it's because my hands start getting dry, and then my cuticles and nails start looking bad. I need a manicure for sure. But I haven't bitten them today. Yet.