143,000 MyLotters - only 30,000 have it in their interests

I was going to start a new discussion under the MyLot tag, and I noticed something that spurred this discussion instead. Why, with so many of us here, are there only 30,000 of us with MyLot for an interest?? Has someone posted on this before? I can't possibly read every discussion and post, so I'm not sure. On the other hand, I see a lot of subjects repeated. It's inevitable, I guess. There are only so many subjects that can be covered, and we all have multiple interests that are the same, so I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse. I was just wondering why so few of us on MyLot have MyLot as a favorite, or interest, or whatever? I would think it would be one of the first ones put down, since you're on it anyway. Usually, we credit the site we are on, right? Am I making any sense, or I'm I just talking into the wind?
@Tianna2 (1273)
Hi Jessigirl, as the other poster said I dont think there are near that many that actually active. If there was, I wouldnt keep seeing the same names over and over again. If I was to hazard to guess, I would say there are less then 5000 truly active myloters here, just a guess though. I go know for a fact that there are tons of users with less then 100 posts. You can check this link and see how many there are: http://www.mylot.com/w/topusers/1.aspx Cheers, Tianna
Thanks for the link. I know that since I've been here, I have seen a multitude of people with a low post number, and then I don't see them much after that. I do see the same people over and over, so I feel like there is only a small number of us who are here for the duration. I think if you are going to sign up, you should have to check a box that states something like 'inactivity of more than 30/60/90 days will result in deletion of account'. If you go on vacation or lose your internet, send MyLot a message so you don't get deleted. In this day and age, there should be some better way to weed out the riff-raff. It would make for a better community. Thanks again!!
@myklj999 (34381)
• Olney, Illinois
The 143,000 myLotters can be misleading; if I were to hazard a guess, I would say there are probably only 30,000 or less that are actually active here. There are hundreds of pages of people who have only 1 post; I know of many who have signed up and then never returned. Members that have been banned, or had their accounts closed for other reasons, are also included in the myLot population number. So actually, it's not all that surprising that only 30,000 of us have myLot as a listed interest.
I had actually considered that. I'm sure there are waaay more inactive than active MyLotters, I just find it kind of strange. When I started filling in my profile, it was one of the first sites I put under the 'Websites I Enjoy' area. I thought it was respectful to MyLot to have their site in my favorites. I guess I thought everyone did that. Thanks to you for taking a sec to comment on my crazy stuff.
@KrauseHome (36748)
Well, there are a lot of people who are members here in myLot who have never done anything here with this site is why I am sure a lot of people do not have myLot as an Interest catagory selected. Or they could be new to this site, and not sure how to choose interests, etc. as well. I know for instance, I have like 35 or so referrals. More than 20 of them have never been active here, and some of them have not been active here in almost 2 yrs. so that explains some of it for sure.