What do you make with your sandwich maker?

I feel like a sandwich queen. I just love to make sandwiches. I'm not sure why but I really do like to make sandwiches to eat when I'm busy and need something fast to fix or if I just want a snack that isn't too expensive. I've been wanting a sandwich maker for awhile now. I wanted one so I could fix quick, warm sandwiches and put a spin on the traditional sandwich that I normally make. I was overjoyed when I found a sandwich maker on sale at Target last night for 7.99. So now that I have one, I'm trying to find good sandwich ideas or other ideas for things that I can cook. So I've come to Mylot to ask everyone that watches the cooking interest what you make with your sandwich maker. Do you have a special recipe? One that just really hits the spot for everyone that eats it? Do you have a recipe for something that is not a sandwich but is a wonderful treat anyway? I know some people make some dessert type foods out of their sandwich makers so anything that you make with a sandwich maker is game.
@k1tten (2320)
I've never actually ever owned a sandwich maker before. I've never really had a reason to own one before. But I am interested in seeing how well the one you got works. I'm also pretty interested in all we can make with one besides sandwiches.
@Cannonball (3634)
• France
Could you add a picture of your sandwich maker, I'm actually kinda curious to have a look at it,maybe you're talking about something which look like a toaster right? Well,talking about warm sandwiches we have something here in France called "americain" (american) which is made with ground beef,french fries,some onionsand salads,some of them even add discs of tomatoes but I think it's enough without it + any kind of sauce you like.This could be mustard,ketchup,mayonnaise,tartar etc etc... Well,if you feel kinda hungry this one is perfect and it is so mmmm tasty! There is also these fresh ones imported from Italy called panini,the concept is a little bit the same but well maybe they're a bit lighter than american ones and also more fresh,I mean the ingredients. Eeven though I heard it's good to stay a little bit hungry after eating I would choose an americain because yeah I remain a little hungry after a panini and I don't like that What was the best sandwich you made since you bought this machine? Which one is your favorite?
• France
Alright you made me hungry, I'm gonna cook something
@pyewacket (44032)
LOL..I wasn't even aware that there were such things as sandwich makers....I just looked now to see what you were talking about. As far as something like a grilled cheese sandwich I do it the old fashioned way..heat up a pan with a little cooking oil, add one slice of bread, one slice of cheese, sometimes bits of ham, then a dollop of spaghetti sauce, then add the other slice of bread and let it brown on one side, flip over and brown the other...As a treat, since I don't have it that often, I love good ole fashioned Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato.
I remember that we had one when I was a kid and we've since looked for it but we cannot find it anywhere. So, I've wanted one for awhile now and thankfully have found a cheap one. I'm pretty excited but I am strange like that. I've never thought about using spaghetti sauce on grilled cheese before but that sounds really, really interesting. Now I'm tempted to try this sometime.
I just found one on sale today. Not for as low as you found one but still I am glad I got it. I bought one for each of the homes I stay in. The hot ham and cheese will be great tonight.
I've never owned a sandwich maker, but I remember using one a few times in college. It was a fun little gadget. Turkey and cheese on whole wheat is a yummy combo; add some thin apple slices for extra flavor. Hmm.... Now, I'm hungry. LOL
@anita27 (90)
hi highflyingangel, i've some sandwich recipes that are easy to make &fast to prepare in sandwich-maker.1.cheese toast-apply butter on 1 side of slice of bread & apply green chutney on other slice of bread.put a slice cheese on that bread & on top the other butter bread.put this in sandwich-maker. green chutney-corriender,mint leaves,green chillies (as per taste) 2-3 flakes of garlic &salt to taste.grind this into fine paste. 2.blanched spinach+green chilly+steamed sweet corn-mix well.apply butter on both slice of bread.fill the above mixture & put this in sandwich maker. 3.apply butter on half slice & green chutney on the remainning slice,then apply mayonnaise on the full slice of bread.keep the sandwitch in sandwitchmaker.