a good neighbor...

@vanities (11410)
Davao, Philippines
i guess i could say that honestly i can be a good neighbor ..since i like to make more friends and be of help if needed but that is if i have the resources and all...helping people have some limitations i guess depending every situation that may arise..and i dont imposed myself to anyone if i think they dont like me as a friend or a neighbor ..i can live peacefully together with my family alone or with neighbors..on this regard i would like to ask you guys on how well you know your neighbors...or you dont care or bother to know them..did you initated the first moved or whatever(in my case i just smiled to them when im outside recognizing that they are my neighbors)..and its advantages if there are any..
@jillhill (37379)
I have one neighbor whom I visit with all the time and he does alot of my yard work and snow blowing....we constantly walk over to each other's places to visit....but for the rest of them I can take them or leave them. I have my own friends and they don't live around here and I would rather spend my time with them.
@vanities (11410)
• Davao, Philippines
its good to have that kind of neighbor who really helps..
@williamjisir (22900)
Hello vanities. I greet to my neighbours each time I meet them on the way, either upstairs or downstairs or somewhere else. But we seldom visit each other unless we are very good friends. I think that a nice greeting is good enough on my side. Take care.
@vanities (11410)
• Davao, Philippines
smiling really can express your desire to be friends with someone..
@writersedge (22577)
I don't know my neighbors very well. They initiate the first move. They tend to keep to themselves and so do we. But they are there if we need them and I hope some day to repay the favor. Take care
@vanities (11410)
• Davao, Philippines
great!!
@arkaf61 (10882)
We/I are quite good neighbors, although we are not in the most loved neighbors right now in our street. I posted a discussion a few weeks back regarding the fact that our unfenced back yard was being used almost as a community lot, so we fenced it and I guess the ones that were using our private property as their own didn't like it too much :) As for the rest, we are in good terms with them. We often take care of each others mail and garbage collection when one is on vacation or away for a bit, we help each other on projects and things - actually some of them helped up build our fence and gate. We're not best friends or anything, but we're civil and polite with each other and are ready to help each other as neighbors. The advantages in my opinion are a good environment in the street and neighborhood, knowing that they will notice if something happens to our home when we're away and that we will as well if they are as away. Our street was quite peaceful and friendly. It is changing a bit, but it's still a nice place with nice people.
@vanities (11410)
• Davao, Philippines
very well said thanks for the responding..
@gr8life (6252)
Hello vanities, I don't think I am a good neighbor. My daily routine is very monotonous - open the door to go to work, come back from work, hang the clothes and throw the rubbish. Well, that's it! I know three neighbors on my left (one of them is my own sister) and the three on my right side and again, that's it! Just saying hi, hello and sometimes smile only....