Can you keep quite when you see your friend getting into trouble?

@sivanj (1263)
Assume a situation that you and your friend are there together. Then your friend plans to do something which you realize will get him/her into trouble. But he/she is unaware of that or is so enthusiased that they ignore the trouble associated with it. Will you now go and voluntarily indulge yourself and tell him/her not to do that? Will you force them not to do that or will you just bring out the trouble associated and it is for your friend to take it or not?
@steffi30 (104)
I would tell the about the trouble he or she could get into but I wouldn't try to stop them from doing it. It's their choice if they want to do whatever and they take the chance of getting in trouble.
i think if i am into this condition then i will try my best help him.because the meaning of friendship is to always do help to friend when he / she in trouble, as per your question well if i am realize that by doing the thing what he/ she want tos do , he / she getting in trouble then i ll try to explain taht by doing the thing they really got into trouble and try to level at my best so that they can be convince and not really do that which they want to do.
hi I have faced this type of troubles a lot when i'm doing my undergraduation.Every year of my exams i parallally use to face this type of situations also from my friends. I have a friend and she has a lot of nerveweekness problem.so if she get tensed then immediately she will fall down.At the time of exams she use to get wrong letters from different persons and she get tensed at that time and she use to fell down. I always make her to be bold enough to this type of situations by giving her good moral support from my side and also by counselling her. This type of situations has happened in my life.I definetely help my friend in this situations,though i may be in trouble for sometime.
@Leixa003 (867)
I will tell my friend what my thoughts are. We may argue but at least i had told her what troubles could arise from her actions. If ever she still decides to go on as she planned and really get into trouble. I would help her to get out of it. I think that's what friends are for. ;)
@shanemre (357)
• Saudi Arabia
We can never get into the decisions that other people do for their lives. Even if we are their friends, everything will still depend on them. As friends, all we can do is let them know how we think their plans are going to affect. If we think that it will hurt them or put them in a bad situation, we should tell them. We should remind them that we don't want to see them hurting because of a bad decision or a mistake that can root from it. We should let them know we care. But we can't tell them not to do it if they already have their choice of doing something... ...if in case, in the end, something wrong happened because of their decision, we should not blame them for not listening to us, we should just stay there beside them. It is their mistake, and the lessons will be learned by them, all we can do is be a friend, no matter how things end up.
We cannot control any arrogant persons. it is total waste of caring anyone who never worth to that care or if he/she never realize that care. in my life, i aM MUCH INSULTED BY MY DEAR ONES. I EVEN PREVENTED THEM GOING ON Through wrong side. but when they are safe, they started upon me joining with bad guys.. this is the real world.
@lingli_78 (12841)
i didn't want to interfere too much into my friend's life... as long as they do not plan anything bad against me, i will be fine... but i think if i know about the plan and i know that it is really dangerous, then i will definitely say something... especially if it will cause harm to another people... i won't just keep quiet... but if it is only a joke and just to have fun without causing any real harm, i will just keep quiet... take care and have a nice day...
@Vrbani21 (197)
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
If he's a good friend of mine, then i would stop him for his own good
@Sreekala (30170)
As a friend it is my responsibility to make him/her understand the consequences. I can only guide my friend. I can't force my friend to change the decision because he/she is another individual and can able to take their own decisions. If he/she wants to go ahead with it after knowing the troubles I just let him/her to do whatever he/she wants. I will definitely support him/her to overcome the troubles. 'A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your successes'. So I wish to be a true friend. Good luck.
In the first place i would tell her why did she do this?? And warn her or he bout the dangers of getting yourself into trouble, and fan her away from the trouble. And advise her not to do stupid things ever again.
I will try my best not to get my friend in trouble because if he or she is doing something wrong i will talk to them ........If they don't listen to me then its up to them .....
hi sivanji no I could not keep mymouth shut and would point out why he or she could get into serious trouble. I would do everything I could to make him see that this is not the way to go. and point out why, show him or her the results 'of doing something that could really get him into serious trouble. I could not force an adult to do anything but I will try very hard to talk my friend out of this plan at once.
@chabawel (330)
If it's me, I am going to let my friend know the danger lies on the action he/she will take. I rather speak my mind than keep it to myself. I rather choose to help in a way than be in the dark and thinking I SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING ABOUT IT. If the friend didn't take seriously your opinion, then don't worry about it. The good thing that came out from it, you were able to act as a FRIEND. To stop your friend's action will be a nuisance for the other person. Let your friend think about what you said. Don't force anything to him/her. Just be ready to be a friend when your friend found out that he/she took a wrong path.
Yes i will tell me not to do that thinks and if it is possible to me i will help him to get out from his trouble. Because i like my friends.
@jnk3dfx (721)
No I cant see them in trouble, I will surely do what i can. Even lot of time i got into trouble when i tried to help my friends. Even my Girl friend have problem with my attitude towards my friends, but Still, friends are friends no one can take thier place... As i am staying away from my family because of my Job, i am deeply attached with my friends. I have very few friends which I feel are Actually my best friends (Here I am Not talking about online friends ok..), they were with me when I was in trouble and Its my duty to be there for them, when they require me. Those words I have written above are came from heart, not the fake one. Long live the best thing happened to me in My Life that is 'Friends'. :)
@chinniR (661)
hi sivanj, i would never keep quiet if my friend is getting into trouble right before my eyes. after all what are friends for. i would definitely help my friend out and would advice him and would make him aware of the situation and try to bring him out of it. thanks for sharing. happy mylotting!
@James72 (26829)
I will generally try to be the voice of reason, yes. But it is ultimately their decision whether they choose to take my advice or not! If it is something that could get them into big trouble and they refuse to listen and go ahead with their plans anyway, I will get myself as far away from the situation as possible because the last thing I need is to be implicated somehow!