What if someone in your family is sexually abusing another family member?

@tryxiness (4548)
September 17, 2008 3:17am CST
I just learned after lunch time that my uncle tried to sexually molest my cousin-in-law. I am just sad that my uncle became the person that he is now. He has done several abuses and advances to people in my family (and thank God I did not experience such, I guess). We have a baby sitter whom he had a son with, we did not learn about it until we saw the baby growing up into someone who looked like him. I am just so disappointed about him. Aside from being sexually abusive, he is violent to his partners and he is into substance abuse. I am just so sad that he has lead a life like that. I wanted him to undergo a therapy or seek a professional help but the thing is people who undergo such treatment are stigmatized here. What would you do if you were in my shoes?
2 people like this
3 responses
@aseretdd (13732)
• Philippines
18 Sep 08
I think therapy or professional help would do any good... your uncle should go to jail for molesting your cousin-in-law... if i were in your shoes... i would call the police and have him arrested... because there is a good chance that he will do it again... and you or your kids... if you have one... or in the future... might become one of his victims... Some of your family members might condemn your act since he is indeed your uncle... but then... you need to protect yourself... and you other female relatives as well...
1 person likes this
@tryxiness (4548)
• Philippines
29 Sep 08
I really have to agree with you that he needs professional help. Thanks.
• Canada
21 Sep 08
He definitley needs help and he needs to be away from tempetation . He really should be charged for what he did so he can realize that what he did was wrong if he gets away with it he will do it again and by being charged he will have the opportunity to get the help he needs and this will protect others from being hurt .
@pehpot (4762)
• Philippines
17 Sep 08
Oh I would just get away from my uncle.