Start book party

@Anne18 (11034)
A friend of mine is in the progress of starting up her own book party plan. She has googled wholesale books and found a website where you can buy cheap children's books. You have to spend £100 to open your account. She is going to take the books round the mother and toddler groups, women's groups and sell then there and then so people can take the doors away with them. She may even go to car boot sales to drum up some quick cash. She will also go to your house and do a party and the host will get so many free books as to how many her friends and family buy. Like a tupperware party, but this will be books. Wish I had thought of this idea, but passing it on to you lovely people as it may be something you may wish to try.
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hey Anne18 I am quite happy spending my spare time (what little of it I have) playing in myLot but thanks for the idea, might pass it on to someone else and take a share in it or become a silent partner, very silent!!
@Anne18 (11034)
It could be a job share and not so costly for one person if you started up with a friend.
@Humbug25 (12551)
You on commission or something?
@Anne18 (11034)
No just trying to throw ideas in the bucket, missed that idea round here as there wouldn't be room for two book parties. Commission.... now where could I go on that!!!
@savypat (20244)
This sounds really great, I hope she takes it one step further and sees that some are given in places where the parents can't afford books for their kids. I know I am always pushing the giving angle, but it works, if you can give you will receive more.
@Anne18 (11034)
She hasn't done anything like this before so if anyone has any good advice to give or helpful tips nad hints then I'll pass them on to her
@winterose (39893)
Wow that sounds like a wonderful idea. I wish her well with her endeavor and it is such a worthy cause too.
@ronaldinu (12439)
• Malta
Thanks for sharing your idea. That is a nice way of earning some money. I hope that this works for your friend.
@crazydaisy (3899)
Thank you for letting me know l.ll look into it and see. if there is anything going on like that.. cd
@savypat (20244)
This sounds really great, I hope she takes it one step further and sees that some are given in places where the partens can't afford books for their kids.