Do you treat others with respect?

United States
September 29, 2008 8:46pm CST
For me i'll respect people that respect me. If you dont respect me then i will not respect you. Thats how it works you have to earn respect to get respect in my eyes. Just like trust you have to earn the trust to get trust.So what about you??
4 people like this
9 responses
@shell94 (990)
• Canada
30 Sep 08
I try hard to respect others. Respect is something you have to give to receive. Its not just handed out on a silver platter. I agree that it is similiar to trust in that way. Its another one of the things I have learned on the curvy road of life.
• United States
2 Oct 08
right...and i see it as if you respect me then i'll respect you if not dont expect to get respect if you cant give respect back.
@lilaclady (28236)
• Australia
30 Sep 08
I treat everyone with respect and I give everyone a chance regardless of what i have been previously told about them, I make up my own mind about people but always treat them with the respect that i would like to get back.
• United States
2 Oct 08
I can agree with that.cant really judge a book by its cover. until you start to read the pages.
@RobinJ (2501)
• Canada
30 Sep 08
I think that I give every one my respect until they do or say something to lose it. Because we do not know every one we meet we should extend our respect and trust,It is not difficult to see who is going to keep getting it and whom I will avoid in the future. But waiting for some one else to extend respect is not that good of an idea because they might believe the same thing as you, so you and that person have no common ground on which to meet. Extend a hand in friendship, trust and respect, 90% of the time you will get the same back. the other 10% are good for learning whom not to trust or respect.
1 person likes this
• United States
24 May 09
I agree with that to a point. But if i dont get respect frist then now i wont respect back thats jsut how it works for me. Im a respecting type of person but yet im not just going to respect someone who dont respect me.
• Philippines
30 Sep 08
For me, i will respect others, even if they didnt respect me, i will still respect others. Because, all of us has a rights respect others and to respect to.. Dont do to others what you dont want to do you..
1 person likes this
@Opal26 (17686)
• United States
30 Sep 08
I treat others with respect and I expect them to treat me the same way. It is the way that everyone should be treated. Yes it is true that you should have to earn respect to get respect and trust to be trusted. But, being respectful is something that should be done without even thinking about. There are too many people in this world today that don't treat people with respect for instance alot of they younger people have no respect for older people and this is disgraceful. They need to be taught that they should be respectful to people that are oler than them because it is a common courtesy
• United States
2 Oct 08
I agree and disagree with you on that....Because i know a good bit of older people that dont have any respect for the human kind what so ever. So age isnt always the issue to trust granted yes you should respect people older than you if they respect you and i'll be the frist to say Im 22 years old and if an older person is disrespectful to me i will be disrespectful back after ive had enough of them being disrespectful to me. Older people thats the way they think that since they are older in age they should have more respect no it dont work like that and neither does the world...as i said you have to earn respect to get respect age has nothing to do with it.
@Anchopy (1453)
• Paraguay
30 Sep 08
Hi proudmommy22.. I think the same way as you do.. you have said everything that I was thinking to post in another discussion, but now that I have found this, I only have to comment in yours.. Happy Mylotting!
• United States
2 Oct 08
Thank you for posting.
@know21 (1251)
• United States
30 Sep 08
I am always respectful to people until they turn their backs on me or stab me in the back. Then no, I'm not so nice after that. And I hold a grudge forever so usually there's no point in coming in with an apology. Won't work with me.
• United States
2 Oct 08
exactly, and Some people jsut dont get that part of it. Just because you apolgize dosent mean your going to gain someones trust or even respect for that matter sure you was nice enough to apologize but you wouldnt have had to if you hadnt done what ya did in the frist place to loose it.
@frinces (419)
• Philippines
30 Sep 08
I follow the golden rule, "Do not do unto others what you don't want others do unto you.
@rocker21 (2717)
• India
30 Sep 08
i dont respect people for useless reasons!