flying on a rainy/stormy day

@tryxiness (4548)
I have a flight to catch later and it has not stopped raining. I have not really tried a flight on a rainy situation, and I wonder how it feels? Have you experienced flying on a raing/stormy weather?
@Shar1979 (2723)
Don't wanna scare you but you'd feel a bit uncomfortable flying when it's raining. Make sure you have a barf bag lol kidding :) Have a safe flight
@tryxiness (4548)
Hey, I arrived safely in Bacolod (three days ago). Anyways, the rainy part was short up until we reached a point where there were no clouds. Turbulence was prettily making me dizzy, nonetheless, I was safe. Thanks!
@Shar1979 (2723)
glad you got there safe. i never liked flying when it's raining. i get really dizzy. thick clouds will cause bumps too. :) take care and enjoy
@tholitz (1127)
Hi tryxiness! I have experienced this from my last flight from Hongkong to Manila last September 23. A typhoon (I forgot it's name) had just left the Philippines and approaching the Hongkong Island. Strong wind #3 had been raised in Hongkong and some airlines had already suspended their flight. But Philippine Airlines had decided to go ahead with our schedule flight at 6 pm (I have later learned that they have canceled their next flight later that evening). It was a very scary flight. We have encountered many air turbulence on our way which makes the flight uncomfortable. It's like riding a roller coaster because you could feel the sudden drop of the plane every time we were hit by heavy rain and strong wind. Anyway we have landed safely and on time in Manila that day (thanks to the prayers of the pilgrimage that we have in our flight). Overall it was quite an experience.
@tryxiness (4548)
I think it was Nina (the storm). I have to agree with you it was a bit uncomfortable.
@jammyt (2822)
I just found out we are signal number 2 in manila. I'm praying that the rain will stop on Friday as my husband will be coming in from Cebu on the last flight of the day. I've tried riding a plane on a rainy day. I almost vomited. It gave me such a big headache. I usually drink medicine before riding the plane and I don't really eat much on the plane.
@tryxiness (4548)
Thank you for the prayer. Anyways, I did not vomit (thank God) but I felt dizzy after.
gee, there is a low pressure really tryxiness, maybe you have to cancel or take your flight the next day, hopefully it would be okay the day after that. Although, I havent experienced travelling in bad weather, its because I take extra precaution, its tough and its risky sometimes when you do travel with it. But don't worry it would be fine a day or two, keep safe !
@tryxiness (4548)
The flights before us (especially the ones coming and going to bicol) had been cancelled. It was a nice and safe trip. Thank you for the support.
@aseretdd (13736)
I experienced flying while it is raining... and it was quite a bumpy ride... but as soon as the plane was away from the storm clouds... everything was fine... i don't think your flight will leave if the weather is not very good... but if it does... just prepare yourself from all that turbulance... I accidentally typed this response to one of my comments... oh my...
@tryxiness (4548)
Oh gosh. Anyways, turbulance was a bit uncomfortable until we reached the height where there were no more clouds. Thank you for the post (and mispost). Cheers!