" Do u Hand it over your Salary to your Spouse/Wife or Keep it with You"

@iyah10 (4116)
Kuwait
I know it is so strange but here in Kuwait we always hand it over the Salary we have for our wife but from my previous marriage in which I got divorced with her with 5 children I did not even save anything for she do not know how to handle the money thing but now in my second marriage in which I knew I could trust her and she do all of the budget in the house and even to my previous house for my children needs it is also allocated with all of their needs so i always hand it over for her my salary every month. what about you Guys/Mylotters do u hand it over to your wife/spouse/fiancee...////?? or you keep it by yourself and handle everything you need in the present month...
• Brazil
I dont have a Wife or Spouse, but in my opnion the rigth think to do is work together!
@iyah10 (4116)
• Kuwait
I just hope that it would work for the future wife to be ......
@nyumix (1661)
• Belgium
We always do working and book keeping together. But usually I am the executor of paying the bills.
@iyah10 (4116)
• Kuwait
Then that is also one of the good thing book keeping together is one of the best thing to do so that both of you aware on where did the money goes and which is which right, keep it up Guys I salute you for taking good care of the expenses wisely....
@larish (2193)
We both keep our own income. We don't give each other money. We basically share the living expenses - rent, mortgage and utilities. It is an advantage because we were able to take charge of our own income.
@Ritchelle (3795)
in the philippines that is the current situation. men hand over their earnings to their wives. however, i think as long as the family is taken cared of then it really doesn't matter on who handles what. marriage, basically, isn't about handing someone your earnings but making sure the relationship works and if handing over one's money to the other would be the start of any problems then let that person have his money for all it's worth. just be sure that everything considered "fair" is really fair in the finances.
@gr8life (6252)
Salary - So much expenses to pay
Hello iyah10, Both my husband and I are working. When we get our salaries, we will pay for all the expenses. He will pay half and I will pay another half. Some we keep for savings and some will be divided into two for our own expenses for a month. As a working wife, I don't give the money to my husband and he doesn't give all his money to me too. We both know how much we make monthly and I don't bother too much about it as long as we settle all the bills and save some in the account.
@neildc (17251)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
We have almost the same experience. In my first marriage, I keep my salary and just give my wife whatever she needs and I manage the budget. But with my present wife, I give my basic salary. I keep some of my allowances and save it for emergency situations.