Who would could supper in your house, if you went on strike?

If I went on strike and stopped cooking food, there would be no food cooked in the house. Well, I guess my spouse would eat peanut butter sandwiches all the time. And my daughter would eat Doritos. She would love that! Sometimes, I wish they were more self sustaining. Just kidding. I love taking care of my family. Who would cook in your house, if you went on strike?
@bsa861 (339)
Lol thats funny question !! Though I am a guy and don't understand wife and husband business !! I never experienced my mom going on a strike, although on weekends my dad cooks the food, me and my sis would help my dad in cooking lol !! And we really enjoy doing it !! And ofcoz if there is no one at home to cook, I would make a maggi for myself with some eggs lol :)
@suspenseful (40314)
Well since there is just me and my husband, he would have to do the cooking. I see a lot of instant rice, salads, bacon, and eggs, and sausages, opening of soup cans, and lots of liver sausage. I mean he is a man, and usually I leave the food out for him to cook or put it in a fridge to eat. I do not know how he would manage. I guess he would have to go back to the time before he was married.
Well, I'd hate to see the mess that anyone else would probably make in my kitchen so... I rarely allow anyone else to cook in there. My s/o can cook but ... lol ... makes a mess to clean up and he thinks he isn't supposed to. And so - my kitchen is off limits to anyone but me.
@ellie333 (21018)
Hi Beautyqueen, well if I went on strike in my house from cooking my son would eat cereal without milk straight from the cupboard and I would starve LOL as here is only me and him. I don't mind cooking and when the girls are home they will muck in and help with the cooking, one prepares, whilst othercooks and I rest, bliss. You have this to lok forward to when your daughter is grown. Tell her not to eat all the doritos as I love them too! Ellie :D
@katsmeow1213 (28922)
Well since my husband isn't home during dinner hours, the kids would eat cereal. He comes home usually after the kids are in bed and reheats his food, so I have no choice but to make dinner every night. However, on the days he has off he cooks dinner, that's just our routine, so I get 2 nights off a week. Although sometimes it's a complicated meal so we may have to cook it together, as we did tonight when we made our cheeseburger puffs. The other meal we definitly have to make together is fried rice and egg rolls.... because it's such a complicated process since I make the egg rolls including the wrappers from scratch.
I'm always surprised at the amazing dishes and meals you come up with. I'm lucky to put chicken and rice on the table most days. I'm still learning to cook.
If I went on cooking strike, then my boyfriend would do it. I dont cook that often as I not really very good at it unless its something simple. He does all the cooking or we will either eat out or have a take away.
@jackiew (915)
if i went on strike my partner would do the cooking.He is a great cook-I love his food so it would be worth me going on strike to have his food everyday[lol]
@tammytwo (4302)
If I went on strike I guess they would eat a lot of sandwiches and microwaveable items. My husband can cook but doesn't choose to do so. I would like to know who would do the laundry, vacuum the floors and just pick up after everyone if I went on strike???? May have to give it a try some time.
haha I'm already on strike! LOL Women have been expected to do the housework for millions of years, and that $hit doesn't fly in our house. Besides, my husband is a much better cook than I am. He's not going to go on strike because he loves to cook, and I don't take advantage of him.
@williamjisir (22900)
Hello beauty queen. If I go on a strike at home, it is ok, because my wife does the cooking at home. I help her do some washing job, like washing the vegetables and dish plates and bowls, mopping the job. But if my wife goes on strike, I will have to do some simple cooking by myself. So it is always better to have no strike at home.
@SViswan (12071)
No one would. My husband and son would just order a pizza...or my husband might try to make some instant noodles (ordering out everyday would cost a lot of money).
@moneyandgc (3430)
Well, my husband can cook. He bragged about it when we were first dating. He used to cook for me quite a bit trying to impress me. Now I do 90% of the cooking. His excuse is, "I like your cooking better!" Hmm. It's ok though, he makes such a huge mess when he cooks that I would rather do it anyway! He wouldn't cook often except for easy stuff for our daughter. I have the feeling that there would be a whole lot of cereal eating going on!
well if i will go on a cooking strike, it wouldn't matter anyway. because everyone in the household knows how to cook. i guess we're a cooking family though. but of course the only disadvantage is that food will never be as delicious as mine, because i think im the only one here in the house who cooked very very well. haha. . simply because i cooked with the HEART. anyway, good luck and happy mylotting!
@zandi458 (27951)
Cooking is no problem in my house and they can survive without me at any time. I have taught my 9 year old daughter to do simply cooking like frying eggs or cooking instant noodles. My husband is a self taught cook so I have no fear of them starving in my absent or going on strike.
they wouldn't.they'd just go raiding the cabinets or freezer for something simple. but knowing my brother,he'd probably eat some lucky charms LOL
@pyewacket (44031)
Unfortunately, since I live alone I can't go on strike about cooking, that is unless my two kitties learn how to cook...LOL. Even when my mother was alive though, I would never have wanted her to cook...uh, she wasn't a great cook and if she could burn water she would have...LOL
My husband is pretty good in the kitchen, but mainly under supervision. I usually do most of the cooking, but if he offers to help then he can do most meals if I give instructions from the sofa. I need to tell him what order to put stuff in and how long to set the timer for etc. He can make a good curry by himself, and can also manage a roast dinner as well. We have tried to make sure that we share all things domestic since we both work full time. If I try new things then he will often share his input when it comes to tasting, and is always complimentary of what he does like, rather than complaining about what he doesn't. It is nice to be appreciated.
@gemini_rose (16192)
My hubby would do it, he is actually a pretty good cook when he gets the chance. Maybe, that is why I do not like him going in my kitchen because secretly I am afraid he might turn out to do a better job than me!! Either that or he would use me going on strike as an excuse to eat a takeaway!