Did Glen get it Right?

@clrumfelt (5452)
Glen Beck did a piece in his blog about the recless abandon of going to the movies and enjoying onesself. According to Glen going to the movies ought to be an "out of reality" experience where one is allowed to indulge in "no-no" eating like butter drenched popcorn and twizzlers for the two hours during the movie. Read Glen's blog entry entitled "Rated-S for Snacks" and see if you think Glen is getting it right. http://www.glennbeck.com/content/blog/index.php?page=post&blog=glennbeck&post_id=9
@suspenseful (40314)
I don't like popcorn, and if I eat it, it has to be real butter. In our theater they give us a choice, the regular or the one with real butter and that is the one we choose, but I would rather have a bowl of chili and if I were to have salad, I would go to a restaurant. Oh and I do love twizzlers, but the licorace kind not the strawberry kind. As for the nachos, I did have some and they were good, but well they are messy and you cannot concentrate on the movie, neither can you with salads, because you need a plastic fork and you have to make sure all the salad dressing is on it. But my favorite is those dark chocolate bars with nuts. He does have a point, no salads for the moves, unless the movie is in a restaurant.
@clrumfelt (5452)
I think it is okay to indulge in our favorite sort of junk foods once in awhile. Doing it while at the movies is a good rule of thumb for "once in awhile" because it will be viewed as the exeptional treat and not as a habit for daily healthy eating.
his blog is funny. =) but he actually has a point. movies are our license to gobble up on tub of lard on popcorn and sodas. it's wise to be health conscious and it's nice that people are after their health. but let's not ruin the culture of going to the movies...movie tickets go with popcorn and a basin of soda. =) allow your kids to eat a little popcorn. anyway, it's just once in how many weeks.
@clrumfelt (5452)
People who maintain diet control to the extreme may find their bodies eventually rejecting the healthy food and splurging on junk just for the variety of tastes. Sometimes diet foods can be monotonous. Why suck the fun out of the movie experience sticking with healthy eating during the feature?
He's right. I think this Glen person is spot on when he says this. You don't watch movies with salad. I thought this health craze got out of hand when they started serving healthy choices at the fast food restaurants. Now they've invaded the theater? This is nuts!!! The whole thing of it is, you should eat healthy on a regular basis, that way when you do go to the restaurants or the movies, you can allow yourself a treat and not have to worry about the fat content. First the fat kids ruined McDonald's for us, and now the movies. If they would have just eaten these foods in moderation in the first place, there would be no need for restrictions on portion sizes, and healthy choices where they don't belong.
@clrumfelt (5452)
I agree. Maintaining a balanced diet as a habit should allow a splurge once in awhile. A friend Of mine says it isn't what you eat once in awhile that ruins your diet, it's what you eat every day.