An American Carol

@clrumfelt (5452)
I saw the movie, An American Carol, when it opened in theaters this weekend. The movie is a conservative leaning spoof of The Christmas Carol, an answer to Micheal Moore's "Fahrenheit 9-11" movie in which he accused the Bush administration of planning and carrying out the events of 9-11. In this movie, documentary director and anti-war activist, Michael Malone, despised by virtually everyone in the entertainment industry as well as everyone in uniform, is visited by three spirits, the main one of which is General George Patton, played by Kelsey Grammer, who takes Malone through a series of situations in history in which war was clearly the answer to the problems facing the USA. In the end, of course, Malone "Scrooge" converts and helps the USA. I think the movie has it's moments and it's makers did what they set out to do, which is to show how necessary it is for the USA to militarily keep itself safe from terrorism. I think you will get a few good laughs if you choose to see An American Carol. I did.
@kenzie45230 (3560)
I really wanted to see that, but it was only at two local theaters and only on Friday and Saturday. I do wish they had scheduled it for longer. Guess I'll have to look for the DVD.
@angela38 (122)
Wating a movie such as this would be better to watch at home I think.
@clrumfelt (5452)
I'm sure the DVD will be out soon. The theater I went to to see it was far from packed. It probably won't be in the theaters long. It will probably be out by Christmas, right alongside the Christmas Carol dvds.
@Myrrdin (3601)
I haven't seen it but it looks interesting. I would like to point out though that Michael Moore never accused Bush of planning an carrying out the events of 9-11 he just criticized Bushes actions during 9 11 and illustrated how US Foreign policy led to the sentiments that led to the attacks.
@clrumfelt (5452)
A lot of people took his movies to mean that President Bush was directly involved, had first-hand knowledge of the impending attacks and did nothing to stop them. I have seen posts here on MyLot to that effect. The movie is funny and the person they chose to portray Michael Moore is a good look-alike.