I Don't Care About The Star!!!

@rodney850 (2145)
Okay, children, let's quit fooling around! It is quite childish to rate someone negatively just because their opinion differs from yours but since we obviously have some children here at MyLot I want to make it very clear; I just don't give a rats a$$ about the stupid star! So, what I want you children to do is quit fooling around and go find any and all of my posts and vote my star out of existence. That should make you happy and it won't make one iota of difference in how, what or when I post!
@ClarusVisum (2163)
You know, if you really didn't care, you wouldn't have started a whole new discussion just to talk about how much you don't care. You would have just gone on as you always do without even mentioning it. Thou dost protest too much.
@rodney850 (2145)
Actually, Clarus, I started the discussion to get rid of the star altogether!
@Taskr36 (13923)
I'm starting to think that a lower star may actually show how good you are at defending your points. I noticed that the more I prove people wrong, and the more I cite sources to prove I'm right, the more my star drops. As such I'm quite proud of it now. Let the jerks rate me down. It's just their way of acknowledging that I'm smarter than them and the only thing they can do now is rate me down.
I think I agree with you. So, when my star once went null, I was a genius? Now, I'm merely smart? You are on to something.
Being new in myLot, I do care about the first star I am going to have. I am very excited to see it. I don't know how you will take it Mr. Rodney but I think you are angry or bitter about that star of yours. Your words seemed to me to be very sharp and straight. I think you should calm down a little, if you indeed don't care, fine. Just ignore those 'children' you are referring to. Good luck and happy posting!
@rbailey83 (1400)
i would have to say i agree with you here, the rating has nothing to do with a persons opinion, it has to do with how they responded, meaning did they put thought into it and write to the discussion topic or did they just put something in simply to make a post. is it two sentences or ten etc. personally i don't really think that the star ratings should be there as there is no way to be accurate about how you are being rated
@1hopefulman (44968)
I'm going to be me, even if the stars fall. Of course, it is not my intention to be mean or spiteful. Just that I have worked hard to become what I am. I have never rated anyone negative. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If someone is rude I politely just leave them alone.
@dieorfly (764)
• Slovak Republic
The same here. My star rating is quite low, really do not know why. I do not feel I post any offensive reaction in any discussion. So the only reason I got into my mind why I was low rated is some people are just too childish and they have no real reason. So I stopped bother myself with that star rating which is in my opinion meaningless since it not reflect the real quality of posts.
@emarie (5451)
from what i heard, the star system shows participation and the quality of posts. true, some people are petty and vote negatively based on not agreeing. i'm not like that. i've had my start reduced by one because of controversial topics i decided to voice my opinion in. i think mylot should set certain guidelines on the star system. i also don't know if this is true, but i did hear that you may get more per post if your star rating is high. but i agree in the part where i don't really care, more so, i don't pay attention to any of that. i just post to things that interest me and i don't really care what people do think. everyone is entitled to their own opinion on things and i am not in the position to judge anyone.
@belk89 (1103)
Star is not everything here in mylot. It is good to have a good reputation but sometimes people here can be unfair too when they rate negative. Some of them rate a person because they personally dont like them. Instead of rating a person base on how interesting his/her posted discussion or the way he/she respond other peoples discussion.
@greysfreak (1385)
I definitely agree that there are some very petty raters around here. The thing is, a lot of times I actually rate people positively despite my feelings on their opinion. If they say it in a way that makes sense and is well written, I rate it positively, otherwise, I leave it alone! I have noticed recently since posting a lot more in politics that my rating went from 96, which it was for like 2 months, down to 95, I certainly can't complain too much, since it's still a pretty blue 10 star, but the fact that there are people here that would rate someone badly because of personal opinions. As if rating me badly is going to change my opinion or change who I vote for.. actually, it's more likely to do the opposite, I am very strong-minded, other people's judgments don't influence my opinions. I do kinda get wrapped up in the star, because it is reputation, and I tend to feel bad when I feel people don't like me. That being said, if someone chooses to hate me because I don't think exactly like them, then that's fine, not my loss--I would rather associate with people who are open-minded enough to accept all sides.. because that is how I am, I am not a person who follows a specific political mindset, my personal opinions and values really only fit if you combine both major parties, because I just don't agree with everything either one says. At the same time, I am able to see both sides. So yea, I think the rating process should be more detailed so that people can't just negative rate anyone and everyone who they disagree with.
@jesssp (2739)
Well, whether you like it or not I rated your discussion positive! I have only been on here for a week or so but I've never rated a negative. If something is really good and unique or it really makes me think then I will rate it positive but I don't just rate everything positive to be nice either. I think that if I came across something really awful or offensive I would rate it negatively but I agree that the system is silly and easily abused. People can be so childish with things like that.
Rodney these star/reputation bashing idiots never give up. They must be under the illusion that some people (myself included) do not give a flying monkey's ...??,\\ about the stupid star. The last time I cared about getting a gold, silver or any colored star I was in grade school. Just feel sorry for these people as they must be missing something in life and feel the need to get a thrill by doing underhand petty crap.
@spalladino (17922)
Hey Rodney, we agree on something! I don't know why Mylot has the star system...it doesn't earn you any additional money, it only goes to ten and is at the mercy of vindictive people. I don't care what mine is either but I guess some folks need to feel that they have some power over SOMETHING! I'd go kill the rest of your rating for you but I'm at work and so I'm only hit and miss on here today.
All I can say is.. those onion-skinned kids should not start a discussion that requires other people's opinion. Hehehe. What do you think?
@sharra1 (6341)
I agree with you that there are childish people who rate discussions negative just because they do not agree with the post. It is supposed to be used only if you think the post is not relevant to the topic but that is not how it often used. I have no idea why they brought it in.
I don't really understand the star thing, I rarely rate negatively unless something offensive is said. I believe they should get rid of the minus altogether leaving you to add to the star. Or get ri of it altogether, I don't even know what my star is!
@sirnose (2440)
Say,rodney850 don't tempt the "mylot trolls" you just might get your wish...sometimes its just a handful of folks who target other members they don't like and rate them negatively...it has happen to me also someone didn't like what i said and rated me with the minus sign, their just jerks when their skin is that thin they can't take someone not excepting their opinion...
@shamsta19 (3225)
Just recently I posted a similar discussion because my ranking dropped. I don't care about the children's opinion but now I hear it is effecting our earnings! I ALWAYS rate everyone with a positive rating, regardless if we agree or not. I wouldn't really care about the whole rating system at all as I don't care what anyone thinks of my opinions anyhow. But I think if this effects our earning then MyLot should do away with the system or at least fix that flaw.
@shamsta19 (3225)
http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/1741611.aspx
@anniepa (27280)
I'm with you on this all the way, Rodney, but the children aren't going to give up their fun, I'm afraid, and clearly there are children who disagree with both of us so they're on both sides of the political aisle. I also have no intention of changing what I post or how I post it. I'll continue to treat anyone with respect who treeats ME the same way and if someone disagrees with me, including very strongly disagreeing with me, if they make their point in a respectful manner and treat me and others in the thread with respect they'll still get a positive ranking from me as they always have. OK, kids, go on back to your recess now. I'm sure Rodney and I as well as others you are trolling have posts you haven't gotten to yet. Why waste time making good posts and maybe convincing someone of your point of view and make a little more money here at the same time when it's SSOOOOOO much more fun giving others minuses? Annie
@dawnald (84075)
• Shingle Springs, California
They really ought to get rid of the silly star. But hey if anybody wants to bring mine from red to a lovely shade of purple, I like purple! lol
@Kowgirl (3490)
Good Morning Rodney I have been saying that for a long time. Some people will never grow up! I do not judge anyone by the star. It would be a nicer place if we didn't have such a thing. Some people are so worried about their status or standing in this social corrupted place they will not even post a reply to things they do not agree with. As for me I like to read different opinions on all subjects. So what if I think a Toyota is better than a Honda...I want some true feedback from people who disagree and why. That's how we grow, learn and understand others. I am glad we don't all agree. It would be a dull world if everyone liked the same thing. Give 'em hell, man! People can actually get paid for their opinion....good or bad.