Who will you vote for president???????

@sirnose (2440)
I'm having some trouble making up my mind on who deserves my vote for president at one point i was not going to vote because neither candidate is the ideal candidate to lead our nation,some of you said that everyone should vote it is your right and i guess that what changed my mind,but, i need to know which of these two deserve to be our next president,all i can make out if any different at all is that Sen. Obama is for higher taxes and that Sen.McCain is for the status quo, more tax cuts for the truly wealthy so with this in mind, who do you think that i should vote for?...
@oderog (733)
• Kenya
The decision to vote lies within, at the end of the day you are the one to judge whom you feel would better serve you well. But one thing I know is that failure to vote might actually determined the next president of America. If you were to vote for Obama and end up not to cast your vote, then you've guranteed Mcain 1 vote and deny Obama 1 and vise versa. So it is upon to check and make informed judgement on whom you consider can leader your country better. You as a person also check some qualities that you really admire from these two candidates. This may also help you other than their policies they are proposing to you.
• Alexandria, Virginia
vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Go to their websites and read what they say. That should help you decide. Look up the facts about each one of them and don't believe all the bs that some are so quick to spread. As for me, I will vote for Barack Obama, because he is more in line with what I believe is good government. I like him on all the issues, especially health care, veteran's issues and the economy. And despite what McCain and Palin say, if you read what the experts say, Barack Obama will not be raising your taxes unless you make over $200,000. per year. I would hazard a guess that most of us don't. McCain is talking about cutting taxes for business like big oil companies who already have record profits in the last several years. I don't care to help out those big businesses. I would much rather help small business owners and the general public with health care, education and the economy. The ideas that McCain have are just old and tired, tried before and they didn't work then. I guess he thinks that if he keeps trying it will finally work. I personally am not that stupid. Voodoo economics didn't work in the 1980's and they won't work now. But those are just my opinions. Do yourself a favor and go to their individual sites and see for yourself. Happy voting!
• Alexandria, Virginia
the important think is everyone votes
• Ghana
i want obama to president! i think he is a worthy leader and knows what he is doing.
@carolscash (9500)
Well, I have listened to the debates and I have went to each of the candidates websites and read what they say on the issues and I am voting for Obama. He won't raise taxes for the lower class people and he has a good economic policy. We all would agree that we need a change to our economics and McCain is not offering that. Obama is for universal healthcare and he is looking to raise minimum wage to $9.50 a hour. He is wanting all companies to offer 7 sick days per year and wants companies to offer a little flex time for parents who need to attend school functions. McCain seems to want to implement the same things that we are doing now and it just seems as though he has no new ideas! I see that he has voted with Bush a lot and it just isn't working. Take time to investigate your candidiates before you vote and then you will be able to make an informed decision. I personally have done that and decided that Barack Obama is the candidate for me.
@prudhvi27 (414)
I strongly prefer obama he is the great leader
@matt0707 (43)
I'm voting for Obama because I like him a lot more and because if Sarah Palin somehow gets in the White House, I'm leaving the country. She is insane. Constantly talking about small towns, like people in cities aren't nice or "real americans". She says that being the mayor of a small town is great preperation for being vice president, and the Daily Show did a report in her home town. They asked the current mayor if she thought the job prepared her. She said yes, then they asked what about the job prepared her, and she couldn't say a single thing. She's a liar, a thief, and an idiot.
@ZephyrSun (7382)
I think you probably should know what is your most important issues then go from there. Like for me education is one of the biggest issues that are important for me and since Obama has the better education plan it swayed me toward him. If health care is an important issue there is a good article in this months Good Housekeeping that takes both candidates plans apart.
@spalladino (17922)
Sirnose, there's more to each candidate's platform than those two issues. You're only going to end up more confused if you depend on the posters here to help you make your decision since many of us are very passionate about our feelings so the information you get will be slanted and biased. The best thing that you can do is to reseach each candidate's platform on their webistes and from legitimate news sources. You will still find biased information but, the more you read, the more you should be able to see common threads of truth.
@ssj3goku (113)
Neither is ideal, but Obama is better than mcain. I was undecided until Mcain stated he was gonna have Palin as his running mate. Considering how old Mcain is Palin would have an outside shot of become the president during his term. That is extremely unsettling, lets forget that she has no experience and that she apparently stole money from her state, One of the major issues I have with Palin is the fact that she wants to introduce creationism into schools. That would effectively terminate America's role as a world power in the future. We are already cutting funding to scientific research. If we make it mandatory for children to learn creationism in today's science based world, America would stop making technological discoveries. We are already losing our scientists to other countries and politicians seem to forget it was scientific discovery that made america strong in the first place. So in conclusion I am voting for Obama, not because of how strong of a president he might become(I am still unsure about his qualifications) but because of how terrible the next 4 or possibly 8 years would be with Mcain and the possibility of Palin.
@HeZP_CHN (168)
I have no right to vote cuz i am not an American .but to my mind,i support for Obama.i hope he became the new president of US