Do U Stop To Help People On The side Of The Road?

@taripres (1499)
Interesting ?! I know there was maybe one or two incidents when I was stranded on the street and I had no help, no phone, or anything and had to figure out what's next? I found myself not always helping people also. But usually, I try to help! Just last week, I helped a lady push her car to the side of the road, out of the street. Where ever I can, I try to lend a hand. Fortunately, with the invention of mobile phones, that eases the pain sometime; but still why not try n help more, u would want the same treatment! Taripre$
@ShellyB (5242)
Since I am walking or in the bus I just can't help anyone (unless it is by handing out change)
@taripres (1499)
Ur crazy Shelly, that's cute though:) No, but if ur walkin, stay across the street and ask if they have help, and if not, call Triple A or Road Side, but don't put yourself in harms way! Taripre$
@ShellyB (5242)
Thanks for being concerned I will call for help if they need it, that;s for sure.
@taripres (1499)
Yep, but take up those judo or tai chi classes n ur in the door, that way u'll disable a goofy nut in an instant! Taripre$
@glords (2614)
I used to help people when ever I could. Sometimes I when I was in a hurry or had to get to work I would not help. Now I don't help people as much because I am a mommy. I guess I'm afraid I might be stopping to pick up a cereal killer or something. When I was single it was worth taking that chance (since the chances are slim) But now I don't want to pick anyone up that may hurt my baby. I guess that is pretty crazy and selfish.
@glords (2614)
I'm glad you feel that way, I'll try to be more understanding next time I'm stranded on the road and no one stops for me too. I guess everyone has their own legitimate reasons for not helping.
@aisaellis22 (6449)
I do help people on the side of the road. I even gave money to the beggars on the street. I don't see anything bad to help other. You're such a very nice person to help a lady. It's very rare to see a guy like you. Most of the people doesn't care about anyone's life.
@taripres (1499)
AWW, thanx Sweetie, u made me blush, see That's why I do it, cause I feel if I don't then who will?! It's nice to see you ur doing it also, but do be careful! It's rough out here Taripre$
• Japan
hi there! its nice to hear that there are still good samaritans like you. even im not that lady i want to thank you for helping. people this days forget to help strangers even in a simple thing, but yet people want to be helped by others. They say they are busy and in a hurry to notice a person in need of help. I do help people whenever I can. It will all start from ourselves, and the feeling is light if we helped somebody. Happy day to you.
@murderistic (2278)
I don't stop to help people on the side of the road unless they are obviously injured or if they are waving their arms around or something so I know that they need help. Otherwise, I just figure that it's probably something that I wouldn't be able to help with anyway unless they need a phone or someone to call 911 and/or perform CPR.
@taripres (1499)
That's odd, u call yourself murderistic, so I guess u stopped taking people's lives Nah, foolin with ya! I guess as we get older, we stop taking so many risks, there are those people who can careless about human life! Taripre$
honestly it really depends on if i am alone, if i am with my kids or the person that needs help. if i am alone or with my kids, i dont becuase with everything that has been going on in todays society you cant trust anyone and i am not about to risk my life or my kids life for somone i dont know. but if i am with my boyfriend or with my borthers then maybe, but if the person looks like he or she is dangerous then i keep it moving.
@taripres (1499)
Good point1 But I'm not asking anyone to put their life in danger! Even as helpful as a guy I think I am, if the situation look s odd, I'll call someone or keep moving! Taripre$
i have stoped and helped people on the side of the road more times that i can count on both of my hands i dont know if that good enough but it is what it is but with tech things the way they are now its easier for people to just tell you that there ok and just let you drive off but yes to end i do stop and help people that look like there in real need of help
@taripres (1499)
See, that's what I'm talking about, now u sound like me! People are nervous too, so they'll just say they're ok, even if they're not, specially women, though it's understandable! Taripre$
@arunmails (3012)
yes, If I find any blind people or a physically challenged person tries to cross the road, I use to help them to cross the road......
@taripres (1499)
That's nice! I've never encountered a blind person trying to cross by themselves though! I had a dude in motorized wheelchair though, I thought he was crazy! Taripre$
@mommyboo (13197)
It depends on the circumstances. I prefer to help by nature but it's a hard call these days. I travel with my daughter a lot - just us - and I am always conscious of the fact that I have to protect her. It's not like 30 years ago when everybody hitchhiked and it was fairly safe to trust someone who might need help. These days people might seem to need help but then they might attack you when you let your guard down. It is a shame to have to think that way. I would certainly help by calling AAA or a towing company for someone if they flagged me down, or if I rolled down my window and asked if they needed anything. I guess it would really come down to whether I felt threatened or comfortable. I have been helped before but apparently I have a 'nice' vibe and of course I would really need help and would be very appreciative of anybody who helped. LOL!
@taripres (1499)
I agree with u 100%, it's hard to decipher these days! But at least u make an attempt and ask! But never put yourself in harms way! Taripre$
Nope! R U Crazy? I'm a woman so that's my excuse. I've called the police or road side service before. I haven't actually stopped and gotten out of my car to help anyone though. If there was an accident and I was the only one on the road, I'd stop. I'd feel obligated, but if it's just a flat tire or someone pulled over with flashing lights, my cell phone gets the credit. I'm not climbing out of my car and risk being clobbered, raped or robbed. Sorry, with things the way they are today, I don't trust anyone.
@taripres (1499)
Ok, I'll give u credit for calling, least help is on the way! Some people won't even do that, though! That's what I mean, do sumn! Taripre$
@lynnemg (4536)
It entirely depends on the cicumstances at the time. If I am all alone, or only with my kids,and the stranded person is male, I am less likely to stop. I may stop and offer the use of my phone, but if I am alone, or only with my kids, chances are, if it's a guy, I will not stop. Sorry guys, I am just too leary. Now, if I see a woman on the side of the road, chances are I will stop. Yes, I realize that some women are just as dangerous as men, but it is less likely.
@taripres (1499)
like your poit, makes alot of sense, could be a trap or sumn! But at the same time, he just may be stuck and in desperate need! Taripre$