Negative Attitude

@kerriannc (4280)
Jamaica
Hello mylotters, it is raining cats and dogs here in my country. So I am here at the office working and the computer technician from the other office came to do his weekly monitoring of the Office Computers. I said to him "Hi how you and the rain doing" this simple means "is the rain affecting you". The guy attitude is "If you want to know about me ask and if you want to know about the rain ask the weatherman. I said come on each time I try to talk with you, you put up a barrier. If you doesn't want me to talk with you say so. His reply was that I am psycho-analyzing him. I don't know if it is because I told his friend who employed me to started working here that I am no longer working with her company and because of this his attitude towards me is negative. I think that after today I will just avoid him. What do you think I should do?
@fwidman (11515)
I think in the future you should just leave him be and just talk to him if he talks to you first. Some people are just grumpy, best to ignore them
@kerriannc (4280)
• Jamaica
Thanks fwidman, I think that is the best option too. It just that my Laptop at home is giving trouble and I thought that I have to keep in communication with him so that he will take a look. But I have other computer friends that can help me. I will just ignore him because I don't have to talk with him, my office door can be closed and then I don't have to communicate with him.
@fwidman (11515)
If he is that grumpy about work things, I would hate to hear what he'd say about your laptop at home
I totally agree with you. Someone is far too messy! You don't expect too much from them. I hope everything will be fine
@p1kef1sh (45638)
I think that he is miserable Kerri. I spend all day on my own mostly and if someone asks me how I am and how's the weather you'd have to run screaming as I used up all the oxygen telling you much more than you needed to hear!! In future I would just say "Morning/Afternoon" and leave it at that. Let him start a discussion. Don't ignore him because that would make you look like you were sulking - and you're not.
@kerriannc (4280)
• Jamaica
Thank you p1kef1sh, your advice is so wonderful because I wouldn't want to come across of being sulking because I am always smiling and to have a negative attitude whenever he is in my presence I know that the lady I am contracted to work with will see and ask about it. (Nothing misses her). Thank you so much.
@p1kef1sh (45638)
Thank you very much for the BR Kerri. Keep smiling.
@stella1989 (2274)
Hmmm.. May its his way of humor.. Some like being little sarcastic with their humor... With me its ok.. But some people like you just can't take it. Some sensitive ones. You don't worry, just keep greeting him like "good morning".. "good evening", "hi".."hello" "bye". Just because of some words you can't just stop talking to him.
@kerriannc (4280)
• Jamaica
Thanks for your advice stella, is it would be wrong to just stop talking with him.
hi I think his attitude towards you implies that he is not happy with you. There are people who tend to be grumpy. The best think that you can do with him is to avoid him and minimize your interaction with him. Let him speak to you first and you give him a simple reply. Such people in an organization isn't rare. In most of the cases, people try to avoid direct communication with such people. You also follow this rule. Happy mylotting
@kerriannc (4280)
• Jamaica
Thank you so much for you advise and happy mylotting to you too.
@adihindu (1922)
I think you should not leave that job until you got a better job. If at all, if there is another man in the new work area, then would you leave that job too. If yes, how many jobs do you need to work constantly. When you are working means, we are dealing with many kinds of the men. And that person has already replied that he was a psycho analyser. So, you have to leave him and not the job. Thank you.
@kerriannc (4280)
• Jamaica
Hello adihindu, did you read the discussion. I didn't say that I was leaving my job. I love my job and then again I cannot leave what I own can I.
@myklj999 (33960)
• Olney, Illinois
I hate jerks like that. My advice is just ignore him; he's not worth the effort.
@kerriannc (4280)
• Jamaica
Thanks myklj, you are right.