what do you do when you get "best response"?

i just noticed that i got "best response" to a couple of discussions. i was wondering what other people do when this happens. do you just smile to yourself and think that's great, i got a best response. Or do you go into that discussion and comment to thank the person for giving you best response? Or do you privately message the person to thank the person for giving you best response?
@smacksman (6074)
I always go back and publicly thank them for the BR. I think it is the least that one can do. I think also it is a good reminder to other posters to always go back to the threads you start and give the best response a BR. That way it keeps this site alive!
@smacksman (6074)
It may look a bit creepy as if I was after your 'Best Response' but I am true to my word. haha Many thanks for the BR, princess!
you're welcome
@my125125 (821)
When I get my best response, I'm happy that someone who agree what I say and just smile to myself. Now I should not just smile, what I should do is give that person a response or message is the best, like others do.
@eaforeman6 (8983)
I try to say thank you on the post. Now sometimes, I do not get to it all the same day...but I ddo go back and check periodicaly to see if I have done it.
@James72 (26829)
If I have received a best response tag from someone then I will usually go back to their discussion it was in, make further comments and thank them at the same time. I will only do this though if they have actually replied to my response in the first place! If there is no reply there then I will just appreciate the best response with a smile to myself and move on. It is silly to have further comments underneath my existing response if they haven't replied back!
I'm really happy whenever I received BR, it really motivates me more to do my best here in mylot as well as I feel fluttered as well. Whenever, I got one, as much as I can, I'll go to the discussion and give a comment to thank the person for choosing me as her/his BR. However, I admit, that there are times, that I forgot to thank them but even it was late, I'll thank them. Sometimes, I'll give comment to their profile or PM them to thank them.
i think i had received plenty of best response for my few posts but it's really my bad that i haven't done anything yet to show my appreciation for those who recognized my response. i hope they would bump into your discussion so they could know that I AM TERRIBLY SORRY. it's not that i don't really mind or unappreciative. it's just that i always plan to send private messages to them as if personally thanking them BUT once logged on i always forgot to do it. since my time online is very limited, and sometimes i'm using only my phone. i can only make 10 posts maximum a day. and i had been inactive for almost half a year. so maybe, i could take this space as well to say my thanks to them. oh and as for the question, what i really do first is get back to the discussion and review why my response was chosen as the best. and that's almost an instinct whenever i receive a mail stating i earned the "best response".^_^
@Metalchick (1391)
I think it's really nice when someone marks your response as a best response it makes me feel like my efforts have been recognised not just by mylot but by other users as well. It does fill me with a warm feeling of satisfaction and makes me feel like i'm contributing well to mylot on a whole. Thoroughly enjoy it here and recieving a best response gets me even more addicting so i'm encouraged to write more really in depth and descriptive response as possible. In terms of secretly messaging a user to say thanks I have never really though about doing it although now you mention it it does sound like a very courtious and friendly thing to do...I must admit I do feel inclined to do this now you have mentioned it. The thought hadn't even crossed my mind before. Afteral it would be nice to be thanked if someone has gone out of their way to read and mark your response.
@wolfie34 (26791)
I have often wondered whether money could be rewarded for a best response but then that could be abused couldn't it and there is no real other way to credit people other than the recognition of having your name at the top as being the one who got the best reward. It does please me in that my response is appreciated and deemed worthy of best response. Sometimes I will go back and thank the person for rewarding me with the title, it does make you feel good and honoured!
@Shar1979 (2723)
I smile because I know that that person had thought my idea was good and it made sense. It's nice to think that some people value your thoughts.