Mylot - an annoying inconsistency

Australia
I wonder if others find this as annoying as I do. If you click on Started or Friends Started, the topics are listed according to the last post on them, which means that the ongoing discussions, some of which I like to return to time and again, are at your fingertips. But when you click on the Responded button, if the discussions you are interested in were not started by friends and you responded to them a week ago or so, you have to scroll through anything up to 10 pages of discussions to find them, because this section is listed in the order in which YOU responded to them the frist time. I hope that made sense. What annoys me is, if they can keep two of the sections updated in this useful way, why not the third? Lash
@myklj999 (49361)
I think it may be set this way to encourage ongoing discussion. I know that when I respond to a discussion, I like to check back to that discussion often during the next hour or so to see what everyone else is saying. If the responded discussions were constantly updated, I would have to search through page after page to find a discussion I am actually active in at that moment.
I take your point, but the discussions I have seen you in seem to be constantly active and therefore under the idea I am suggesting would always be near the top of the queue. I'm not sure your analysis is correct on this one. Lash
@myklj999 (49361)
Well...I can't always be right...but I try!
@sharra1 (6341)
This is why I have emails sent to me when a response is responded to as it is much easier to find that way I can go straight to the comment. I have also noticed that when you are cycling through the pages in the list that the same topics keep popping up and I feel like I am in a loop from which there is no escape.
@hildas (3031)
Yes. That is so annoying. It takes up so much time on here and we do use this a lot during the day. Maybe we should let Mylot know and see if they can speed it up instead of us waiting for ten really slow pages to open. Yes, well said. It must be the most annoying thing on my Mylot page. Yes you made perfect sense to me. I hope I did make sense to you as I rabbit on a bit from time to time. Yes they sure need to update this more often it is doing my head right in. Thanks for this discussion and well said.
When your computer is as old as mine, and your internet connection is not really up to scratch (despite being the largest provider in the country), the time it takes to scroll through is a genuine issue. Well said. Lash
@hildas (3031)
Thank you very much.
@EAStanley (2688)
It makes perfect sense to me. :) It really is rather annoying! :( There are so many times that I lose a well responded to topic because all of the new topics bump the ongoing ones down. I pretty much refuse to scroll through more than 3 pages of topics looking for it again. So, if I do not find it again by then, then I just shrug and say "Oh well. It was an interesting topic but I can't be spending 30 minutes or more looking for it!". *shrug* You are right, it is annoying! :)
Good lord, someone even less patient than I am lol. I do usually manage to find the discussion I'm after, but it really slows down my Mylot time. Lash
@taripres (1499)
Crazy right? I thought that too, just gave up ona whole thing! I figured I'd just keep the emails of the last comment on the ones I wanted to keep tabs on! Taripre$
@sharra1 (6341)
Yes I find it really annoying when I want to go back and check on a discussion that is still active and cannot find it because it is buried deep in the depth of all the other discussions I replied to. I wish that they cycled through and came back to the top as I am often amazed at how deep a discussion is buried. I have no memory of when I replied to most discussions, what seems like a day or two can actually be a week because even though the discussion is still active and I have responded more than once it is buried to the time of the first response and that can be over a week ago.