"Slavery is over!!!!!" - Brooklyn, NY......???????

That's what blacks are saying in Brooklyn, NY here in NYC, it was all over TV. Uhhh, if they mean the type of slavery they received YEARS ago, that's BEEN over. I mean what's gonna change really? There will be racists regardless of what you do just as there will always be hate or hot and cold. What's Obama gonna do, slaughter all the racists? I'm not just talking about white supremacist racists, but black supremacist racists and among other types too, racism will always exist... for now. Wanna know why? Because there are white people from "back in the day" who still don't approve of blacks or even interracial dating, and because there are blacks (from back in the day and even from today) who are still pissed off at what "we" did to their people and frown when they see a white guy "stealing" a black girl when it comes down to interracial dating. That's why. So tell me what's gonna be different now? Blacks will be the heroes in white movies now? Been there, done that! Watch the living dead series ("Night of the Living Dead", "Dawn of the Dead", and "Day of the Dead"), each movie has a cool black hero leading whites and those movies were made by a white director! The movies NEVER mentioned anything race-related of the characters whatsoever. Racism will always be there and it won't be going away any time soon because there are still people who are mad at people for doing this and that, until we get over that crap, we will still have racism.
They don't know what slavery is. They think because they elected half black president, he is going to give them handouts. You would think they were suffering or something. White have hate crime done against them but you never hear about it. Those people who talk like that probably don't even know who Sojourner Truth is. They love to hear themselves talk.
Last time I checked slavery was over a long time ago. there is not anyone alive today in this country who was ever been a slave here. I do not understant it. It is ingorance on their part to say that. Yes there are racist people (on both sides). There will probly always be some stupid people that hate peopel due to the color of their skin. But it is few and far between. What does this election really prove? That hte American public voted in the person they thought was best for the job. NOt hte black man, the white man or the woman they thought was best. The person. Too much has been made of race in this issue and I find that insulting and demeaning to all sides. It takes away from the main point of it all. Politics and this country's policies.
@Lexus656 (672)
it's actually kinda funny how the racism is from both sides but you only hear about it coming from the whites. I don't get that. I have a ton of black friends but I don't ever hear them saying anything about slavery anymore but I know that there is still some people who want to be paid for what our ancestors have done and i think that is wrong