Honeymoons in space 'by end of century'

Singapore
Newlyweds will be able to spend their honeymoon in hotels in space by the end of this century because air travel will develop so rapidly, industry experts have predicted. An overnight stay could cost the equivalent of around £5,000, with holidaymakers being ferried around in vast aircraft in the same way as cruise ship passengers. At the more conventional end of aviation, airliners will fly at up to five times the speed of sound, cutting the journey time from Europe to Australia to three hours. Finnair, the Finnish airline, outlined its predictions to celebrate its 85th anniversary and said the industry would thrive after overcoming the current economic downturn. Launching the Departure 2093 project, Jukka Hienonen, chief executive, said: "Aviation might not grow over the next year and there will be more bankruptcies, but by 2010 I think we will see things back on track. "Energy prices are only likely to get higher in the next 20 years if they are based on oil. But this will motivate crucial research into bio-fuels and sustainability." Kauko Helavuo, project designer, said: "New engine solutions will completely revolutionise air and land transport. Zero-emission engines will displace their polluting predecessors. "Intercontinental aircraft will fly at four to five times the speed of sound. "Space travel will start up on a big scale between 2020 and 2040. A 15-hour stay in a space hotel will be obtainable for a sum equivalent to two months average salary." Christer Haglund, an executive, envisaged airliners more like cruise ships, carrying 850 passengers. "How romantic would it be to take your honeymoon in space and look down on the beautiful world? We believe it is possible." This is certainly a "Wow!" for me and I just wished that I would be able to afford it once it is available. Imagine waking up with a different kind of sunrise. Ref: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...f-century.html
@sweety_81 (2125)
Well; it sounds quite unusual ; but interesting also .
sweet_81, I thought so too when I came across this article and the song To the Moon and Back by Savage Garden sure has taken on a new meaning with this amazing creation. Cheers.
@Shar1979 (2723)
Interesting yet crazy. Also it's just possible to wealthy people who can afford to throw millions of dollars just to go to space. I wouldn't do it even if I am a millionaire.
Shar1979, Would you join me if I am buying? To me I think this is something I would not miss if I have the chance. Probably will be one of them in my bucket list. Any 2nd thoughts now?
That would be really crazy. I would not do it , but you know there would be a ton of people who would want to do it and have the money to do it too. Sounds kind of fun.
sweetpeasmom, From the lyrics of a song "just what are the crazy things that one will do for love" and I suppose I would not mind taking my love one along to experience this once in a lifetime exceptional trip. I do not think doing this trip alone is both sensible and enjoyable. I think it would be different if your love is accompanying you for this one throughout. Thanks for dropping in and have a nice day.