Why does my number keep changing? What is a star and how can I get one?

I've seen that my number keeps changing... what is that all about? Also, I've noticed that some people have stars with numbers and others don't. I'm new and don't understand all that I should. Can anyone help me with this?
@diillu (5128)
Stars are like rating or grades in mylot. And you will get yours when you will reach the 100th posts or the number behind your name would be increased. And as talking about the numbers, it has been increasing or decreasing because, when someone responss on your discussions then your posts will be increased and apart from that if your response will be deleted by the mylot member then your number would be decreased.
So a myLot member can delete the discussion? Does that delete it for everyone or just them? Is it the minus sign? Thanks for the information...
@winterose (39897)
the number is the amount of post that you do, you get a star after 100 posts, at 200 posts you can put the little smiles into your posts, and at 500 posts you can copy and paste but be careful because you can't copy straight from the internet or emails that is copyright protected.