Flying on a plane

@maximax8 (30126)
United Kingdom
Have you flown much on a plane? Do you mind a along trip on a plane? Which is the longest flight you have been on? Can you sleep on a night flight? Have you ever done a stopover to break up a long flight? If you could have a free return airline ticket to anywhere in the world where would you go?
@williamjisir (22900)
Hello maximax. I have traveled on a plane for three times. I love a plane trip for its speed, but it is too expensive that I don't often take a plane trip. I have enjoyed the nice three trips from Shanghai to Ganzhou for the first time and another two times from Hangzhou to Guangzhou, then from Guangzhou to Ganzhou. Usually I travel by bus and train as they are much cheaper.
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
Here in England it is certainly too expensive to fly anywhere regularly, but once a year on a holiday is about all i can manage blessed be
Yeah, I travelled home by plane during the winter vacation when I could not get a train ticket back home. On usual days I don't travel by plane.
@greenline (14854)
Hi Maxi. Nice to see you. Yes, I have taken long flights on several routes. The longest flight I had taken was from Vancouver to Hong Kong. That was 14 hours flight, trans-pacific. Oh, that was really too long for me , especially because I can't sleep on the plane.
@maximax8 (30126)
Hi my friend Green Line. It is really lovely to see you. The transpacific route is long and 14 hours is a long duration for a flight. I have stopped off in Hawaii, Fiji, French Polynesia, the Cook Islands and Samoa on the way between Los Angeles and Australia/ New Zealand. I also find it difficult to sleep on the plane but can manage a little bit of sleep sometimes.
@beki710 (949)
I've flown quite a lot on planes. They tend to be short trips from England to France or Spain but I have flown from England to Canada and America before. I've only stopped over once to have a break on a flight from England to San Fransisco we stopped over in Atlanta. Unfortunately we lost our luggage in Atlanta and it took several days for it to be reunited with us! I don't like night flights as I can never sleep on planes - economy is just too cramped for me! If I did have a ticket to anywhere in the world I would either go to New York as I would love to visit there or to Australia. But I don't think I could cope with the flight to Australia!
@maximax8 (30126)
Thanks for your excellent response. The longest flights I have done were London to Los Angeles 12 hours, Singapore to London 14 hours and London to Hong Kong 14 hours. I have been to Australia and New Zealand but it took me a week to a month or more to get there with all the stopovers. I wear ear planes in my ears to avoid pain and they are uncomfortable for sleeping on a night flight. One time I got three seats to lay on because the flight was almost empty so that was wonderful. If I could have a free return flight I would go to Madagascar to see the lemurs.
@chingbeem (910)
The longest plane trip we had was Philippines to Singapore then to Sydney,Australia. I think it totalled to 13 hours plus the connecting trip. I got so tired with the plane trip. I even get restless with a 1 & 1/2 hours of plane trip, how much more 13 hrs. I could not sleep during trips,by sea or by air. If I could get a free ticket,I would like to go to Greece.
@zhaychel (610)
• United Arab Emirates
I take the plane mostly on my trips because its fast and convenient. I feel dizzy sometimes when I'm boarding the plane so I rather take a nap for a few minutes and then I'll be okay. ^^,
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
I love travel and try to fly as often as i can. Over recent times i have flown only with the children to the southern Mediterainien but would love to do more blessed be
@arkaf61 (10881)
I used to fly more when I was younger, haven't done so that much lately. It didn't use to bother me but now I really don't like very long airplane trips. I like to be able to get up and stretch, walk a bit, but it's not very practical in the plane and the effects are not the same. As for sleepig.. I can sleep anywhere, even on a night flight LOL I have done long trips with and without stopover, but can't decide which ones I prefer. If taking a break and getting the chance to visit somewhere else before arriving to my destination, or getting where I want to go faster. There are minus and plus points on each. I'm not sure where I would go somewhere restful and peaceful for sure :)
@Daffodil20 (1754)
I have flown on a plane quite many times but I don't like it. On a shorter domestic flights its still fine but longer ones I really dread. The longest flight I have been on was the one from Delhi to San Francisco via the eastern route which meant crossing Singapore,Hongkong,S.Korea and the massive Pacific Ocean. No I can't sleep on a night flight. No wonder I have a severe jet lag lasting for days. Hmmmmmmm I have done stopovers,(not by choice,but a blessing nevertheless) because we have to change the flights.The reason being that there are no single flights for such a long distance. If I had a free return airline ticket to anywhere, still I would like to go somewhere very near to my city. Say.....Australia, at the most.