Hilary Clinton camp upset that Obama has not helped more

There are people in Hilary's camp that are upset that Obama has not done more to help Hilary Clinton pay off her campain debt. It is millions of dollars. They say that she did a lot of help him get elected so he should help her get it paid off. Should Obama help Clinton pay off her debt? Does he owe it to her for all the stumping she did for him?
@Bd200789 (2994)
He gave her money months ago to help cover her debt. I can't believe she wants more. I think he shouldn't have to pay for her debts.
She is still millions in the hole and has had to write off the millions she loaned to her campaign from her own money.
• Dallas, Texas
She has access to millions of dollars and the assets to back it up. She should have no problem coming up with the money herself. If she really needed Obama's help I am sure they would work something out. To tell you the truth - this sounds like prophganda that is designed to keep up divided. Now - me and you not being able to pay our debt off- that would be a problem. But the Clinton's in debt - yea right - I am sure they will be fine! If things are that bad between Obama and Clinton then all she has to do is write a book - that would surly sell enough to make up their debt.
That is the thing. It is true and not propaganda. Hilary loaned her campaign money during the primary (from her own pocket). But she still over spent by millions. She wants the money back she lent to her campaign plus her outstanding campaign bills paid. Obama came out publicly after the primary and asked people to give hilary money to pay her campaign debts. But she did not get enough to pay her debts much less pay herself back. The whole point is she does not want to spend her own money to cover her campaign costs. She wants other people to pay for it plus she wants the millions she put into the campaign back. GO to CNN or Fox news or do a search engine. You will see the stories about it. My questions is should Obama have to pay for it? It was her campaign and she made the debt she should have to pay for . She is rich enough. But she feels she did a lot of work in the general to help obama get elected so she wants those debts taken care of.
• Dallas, Texas
She needs to pay for it herself and quite asking people to help her out. I agree with you!
@Taskr36 (13923)
Bill Clinton gets about $300,000 per speech. I don't think it would take them that long to actually "work" off their debt.
@anniepa (27280)
Where did you see that reported? I looked it up but couldn't find anything. I think Hillary and Bill both went the distance for Obama, despite all those who didn't think they would or didn't believe they were sincere. I hadn't heard anything about Hillary's campaign debt for months until now so I figured she paid it back or wrote it off - whatever politicians do in these cases. Annie
It was on CNN and on their website. It was saying how their were hurt feeling over the fact that she still has millions in unpaid campaign debt and they are upset Obama has not done more to help to get rid of it. She has already written off all of her personal money that she loaned to her campaign. But she in no way happy that she had to write it off. She really wanted the money back. As of right now she still has more to pay and she is looking for obama or the democratic party suppporters to help her. In this ecomony that is going to be hard. NO one really has a lot of money left to give.
@anniepa (27280)
Well, whether she expected to get paid back for campaigning for Obama or not she did her part but I don't think it's Obama's or his supporters' responsibility to pay off her debt. If people chose to donate to her, fine, but as you said who has that kind of money laying around these days? I'm not bashing Hillary or dumping on her but the truth is it was her choice to continue her campaign as long as she did after everyone pretty much knew she didn't have a chance at the nomination. I guess they'll "work it out" somehow. Annie
@grammasnook (1877)
First off as a supporter of Obama I sent that money for his campagne if I wanted it to go to Hilary I would have sent it to her. The money left over should be smart wisely as going towards the national debt or something like that. That is like saying he owes all his volunteers money come on Hilary pay your own bill, better yet hit up the goverment for a bail out everyone else is sheeeesh.
spent wisely is what I meant to say lol
Actually I think any left over money goes to the democratic party for future elections. SO I do not think he can give it to hilary if he wants. But I do not know if he even had money left over.
@shooie (4985)
Hillary and Obama - Don't spend when you don't have
Am not sure but if I recall he said at one point that he was going to help her. HAs he helped her at all? Is funny they are in the same party and can't help each other out? one of those things that make you go hmmmmmm. But then again If you are going to run for any office if the moeny isn't there then don't spend.
I agree. Hilary should not have spent more than she had. Obama publicly asked for people to help Hilary with her debt after the primary. But he can't exactly force people to give her money. He had the general election to think about so he couldn't exactly write her a 10 million dollar check at the time. As for now, well Hilary got herself into this mess. Why should she get a "bail out"?
@shooie (4985)
True can't make people give money and yes she got in the mess she should ge herself out. But I have a feeling if the shoe was on the other foot the Obama/Biden (spelt wong am sure)campain am sure they would be wanting help as well. But like my mom use to tell me you got into it you can get out. May take awhile but you can.
@Taskr36 (13923)
He encouraged his supporters to send money to her to help pay off her debt. I think that was rather magnanimous although it was clearly done to bring Hillary supporters to his side. Either way, it's not his job, or anyone else's, to pay off her debt.
yep. she dug the hole. she can get herself out of it.
@evanslf (485)
I think Obama has done more than enough by encouraging his supporters to help her pay off her debt. Truth is though that Hillary got herself into this mess, she badly managed her campaign and she allowed cost overruns to occur. I'm sorry but it is up to her to pay her debt back - if she didn't have enough money, she shouldn't have spent it in the first place. Anyway, I find it difficult to have much sympathy for the Clintons. They are rich people and Pres Clinton and get off his butt and do some extra dinner speeches, as can Hillary, to pay the debt off. They got into debt, they own it, they can pay it off!
I am disappointed in Hilary for trusting him to help her in anyway. He ripped her apart during the election. He led her to believe he would really help her with her debt. He did not have to do that but he LED her to believe he would. She asked him to make her the VP. No go. She asked him to make her a supreme court justice. No go. She could see with all the rejections she got from him that he was not going to help her. Yet, she campaigned for him. She does not look like the strong woman she used to be. I see her differently.
@dvschic (1796)
i disagree, as soon as she lost, she could have taken all her donors and just went into political mode, she didn't have to encourage them to contribute to obama. he declined public financing – about $84 million this year – and the accompanying spending limits, so he was able to accept much more than any other nominee in the race. [A] half-dozen Clinton insiders told Politico they are disappointed that Obama’s vaunted fundraising operation hasn’t reciprocated by planning new events or an Internet campaign to help Clinton pay off the $7.9 million she owes to vendors. (Clinton has already written off the $13 million she loaned the campaign during the primaries, aides say). “I don’t think there’s a whole lot of hard feelings, it’s more like mild annoyance,” said a former Clinton aide on condition of anonymity. “There’s just not a lot of expectation they are going to lift a finger for us.” Added another longtime Clinton adviser: “She killed herself for them, did a hundred events, went anywhere they pointed – so it’s disappointing they aren’t helping… But it’s not a big deal at this point.” all nominees go into debt, its a reason why only rich people run for office. when was the last time someone broke got into office?