Stopped by the Police

@cynthiann (18613)
Jamaica
Early this morning, I left home to drive to another town. The highway was clear of traffic and I was so enjoying myself. The sparkling sea was on my right, and to the left were hills of different shades of green. The sun was shining and I was feeling happy. so then I blasted a little gospel music and started to sing a long with the tape. Oh it was good! So I turned the sound up higher and sang louder. I was within the speed limits so I didn't worry when I passed a policeman standing on the side of the road.After a few miles on , another policeman flagged me down to stop. So I stopped the car and turned down the music and opened the window to allow him to speak to me. When I asked him what was wrong he told me that I was playing my music too loud and causing a nuisance. Evidenlty the other policeman had radiod him to stop me. So I looked around and didn't see one other vehicle on the road. So who was I annoying? I asked him this and he said that the other policeman had called him. So, I took a deep breath and asled him if he was going to prosecute me for being happy? I then took out my cell phone and told him that I was calling my lawyer him whether I should call my lawyer as I didn;t know that I could be prosecuted for being happy! I couldn't believe what ahppened. Has any policeman stopped you for just being happy or what else did they stop you for?
@deedeehall (1144)
yea i think there is alaw against that.i dont think he would mine that your happy just the loud music .take care
@cynthiann (18613)
• Jamaica
In my country we have a saying that some police man get hungry. What we mean is that he wants to take a bribe to stop prosecuting me. However, my lawyer is very well known and when he heard the name he did not ask for a bribe and let me go. However, this would not have been held up in court. The judge would have dismissed the case as frivolous. Thank ou so much for reaponding
@ronaldinu (12439)
• Malta
I think playing he music loud is not allowed in my counry either. It can distract you while driving. Did you get booked or did they let you go?
@cynthiann (18613)
• Jamaica
The thing is that the road was empty and all I was doing was singing along to a tape. No, he didn't book me , not when I mentioned the name of my lawyer and took up my cell phone to call my lawyer. Many thanks for yor response.
@sudalunts (5526)
How silly, how could you disturb someone in your car, even if there were other cars on the road, since all of the cars would be moving. I guess these cops had nothing else better to do, and is it was so disturbing why didn't the first cop follow you and pull you over? I haven't been stopped in a really long time, if I can remember it was for making a wrong turn. Sometimes cops let their badges get the best of them. God bless, and stay happy
@cynthiann (18613)
• Jamaica
Isn't it really stupid sudalunts? wee do have a noise abatement law whereby we are not to disturb outher people with noise coming from out cars but I was not even making noise in a traffic jam! The road was deserted! Many thanks for your response. anyway, I will have fun re telling the story to family and friends!