two full term mothers experiencing an intra-uterine fetal death

@skbh12 (2950)
[b]this saddens me to see a full term mother having an induction but ends up delivering a full grown dead baby. as we all know that women who gets pregnant must reach 9 months of pregnancy in order to have a full, well grown baby right. during my graveyard shifts, last night was the second time for me to have received a patient who is undergoing an induction of labor who is diagnosed of IUFD or what we call the Intra-uterine fetal death. she has been carrying this child for 41 weeks knowing that she will be delivery a healthy baby but ends up having a dead baby inside her stomach and that really hurts not just the part of the family especially the part of the mother herself. i just hope she is alright and that she meets a fast recovery, may it be physically and especially EMOTIONALLY. these babies are considered angels and i hope that they are all alright and that they are now being cradled in the arms of our Father. happy posting and happy mylotting![/b]
@camomom (7535)
This is one of the most devistating things a woman could ever go through. I know because my aunt had to do it. She was full term, on her due date, she felt the baby moving. No contractions, no water breaking. The next day she didn't feel her baby move at all. She called her doctor and rushed to the hospital to find out that her baby had passed away. The doctors decided to induce labor. Not do a C-section but make her go through hours of natural labor. She had to go through all the contractions and pushing know that she would not have her baby girl with her at the end of it. The doctors and nurses were wonderful. They treated her as though her baby was fine but also were very careful of what they said. Once she was born, they took her photo, they cleaned her up, weighed her, measured her, dressed her, Did all the usual things that they do. My aunt didn't want to see her or hold her. My mom was with her and told her that she should so that she could say goodbye. She did. She said goodbye to her beautiful Chelsea Annette. Her and my uncle almost split up because of it because they both blamed themselves for her passing. A few years later they had a new baby sister for Chelsea, she's perfect and healthy. They are scared ALL the time that Charlize will also leave them. They are way over protective and cautious. They will be changed forever due to the loss of their baby Chelsea. They still talk about her all the time and they still celebrate her birthday every year. They also planted a tree in their yard in her memory. They are also both still attending support groups for parents that have lost children and they also both attend weekly therapy sessions. Things like this really make you think about your babies and how lucky you are to have them with you. I admire doctors and nurses that have the strength to help mothers and fathers go through these hard times.
@skbh12 (2950)
[b]hi camomom! it is nice to know that you admire doctors and nurses for doing great on their job and helping out those mothers and family's who had their losses. yes it is also very hard to our part to see patients in this kind of situation so assisting them on their sad moments, encouraging words and support is what we can offer them. happy posting and happy mylotting![/b]
@camomom (7535)
You are definately a stronger person then I am. That's admirable. Best wishes to you and your patients.
@skbh12 (2950)
haha! i have to because i am a nurse myself. but thanks for admiring nurses like me. a good compliment for us and it motivates us in many ways. take care!
Hi i know the feeling that these women are feeling. I lost my first child at 38weeks. It is a horribl thing to go threw. I had to be induced and deliver a stillborn baby. I couldnt believe it. After carrying this child for 38 weeks and 14h of labour later I held my child that never even had a chance to breath. I know that my son is now in Gods arms being cared for by him until I go to heaven to watch him. The placentia stopped growing. I found out after he was born that he was gone for 5 days before I had him! What a devistating time. I pray that no women have to go threw what I went threw. I know that there is hope for women that go threw this. I thought that I would never have children after that. Now I have a beautifal 3year old and a 14month old! My 14month old has alot of problems he was born with chd(congenital heart defect) and had heart surgery at 3 months old but I praise God every day for his health. I know that either of my kids will replace my first he is always in my thoughts! It will be 5 years on dec 23rd thats right He was born two days before christmas and burried christmas eve. What a hard time!
@camomom (7535)
I am so very sorry for your loss. I know it probably feels like yesterday for you. He is with God being taken care of like the angel that he is. Bless you and your family.
@skbh12 (2950)
[b]hi mamalovestoread! i would like to extend my warmest condolences to what just happened to your first baby to you and your family as well. i know that this situation is very hard to accepting knowing that you had to go through the process of other women engaging into the same process you are in but unfortunately yours was not given a chance to breathe and see the outside world. it is also good to know that you have recovered from the horror tale of your life and that you have moved on. hope everything is fine until now and i do understand that you can't get your baby out of your mind for that baby is yours. happy posting and happy mylotting![/b]