Someone To Hold On To

@kerriannc (4280)
Jamaica
In his book "The Fisherman and His Friends", Louis Albert Banks tells of two men who were assigned to stand watch on a ship out at sea. During the night the waves from a raging storm washed one of them overboard. The sailor who drowned had been in the most sheltered place, while the one who survived was more exposed to the elements. What made the difference? The man who was lost had nothing to hold on to. What a picture of the way some people are affected by the trials of life? When life is peaceful, they are very self-sufficient, but when the going gets rough they are swept off their feet. Because they have refused God's help and have nothing to hold on to, they are easily overwhelmed. People who cling to the Lord, though, can weather the fiercest storms of adversity. They are often heard to say, "I don't know what I would do without the Lord." They know that the heavenly Father is always with them to strengthen, guard, and protect them. Those who put their hope in God have Someone they can rely on in every circumstance of life. they can say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust" (Psalm 91:2) Can you? - Richard De Haan [b]He cannot fail, your faithful God, He'll guard you with His mighty power; Then fear no ill, though troubles rise, His help is sure from hour to hour.[/b] - Bosch God Has Not Promised To Keep Us From Life's Storms, But To Keep Us Through Them. Taken from "Our Daily Bread" 2004 Annual Gift Edition
@glynys (5)
Hi Kerriannc ! How those words echoe in my ears and in my spirit soul heart and body ! I would not be here now only for the mercy and tender loving / caring hand of the Lord upoon my life... as he has brought me through many storms in my life and looked after me teaching me his ways gently each day...guiding me leading me onwards i thank him for the gift of Jesus ....and for accepting me as his child and giving meaning and value to my life ! Thank you for reminding me God Bless to you Glynys
@kerriannc (4280)
• Jamaica
Hi there glynys you are most welcome. Welcome to MYLOT and I hope you find this wonderful community as loving and caring as I do. Keep the faith my friend and God Bless you too. Kerry
Hi Kerriannc ! Thank you so much for your warm welcome ! I love Jessus amd the Lord so much... sometimes i need encouragement from fellow Christians who walk in Faith with the Lord.. as i can get a little low at times ..so i will look forward to chatting to you and everyone on here ! Im doing a Bible Study Course at College at the moment and that is helping me in my walk with the Lord also! The book of Psalms are wonderful to read when your feeling a liitle low and help me as well ... Its been lovely chatting to you ..and thank you again ..for leaving me such a lovely message ...God Bless you Glynys
@salonga (27821)
Oh yes this is a very meaningful one. I also read this from the Daily Bread. The Daily Bread has never failed to inspire me. Indeed, clinging unto God is the surest way to weather even the strongest storm in our life.