New Senate President Enrile: What are your thoughts?

What do you feel about Senate President Villar's resignation and Senator Enrile as replacement?
@24Champ (465)
Enrile should have retired a long time ago. He is already 84 years old! I think he has already secured his place in our history considering the decades of service (and disservice) as Defense Secretary (during the Marcos era), as leader of coup d etat in 1986, then as a Congressman (in Cagayan), and finally as a Senator. But to be honest, I think he is a typical "trapo" (traditional politician). He knows he can't win an election if he runs for President of the Philippines (which he desperately aimed for even prior to EDSA revolution). He lost to Erap in 1998, if my memory serves me right, so that gives you an idea of how "power-hungry" the old man is (just like other politicians of his and current generation). I think he cannot still accept the fact that Ramos has "overtaken" him when the latter became president. So now he is more than happy to have been chosen by his senate colleagues for the third highest position of the land. But I'd say the younger senators should have been given the leadership. There's no more innovative and developmental drive that I see in Enrile. He is just there as a symbolic figure, but surely enjoying it.
@bing28 (3798)
i agree with you younger senators should have given the leadership...
@bing28 (3798)
I admire Enrile before but lately when he favor the Admistration by seemed to be tolerating it's negative issues and giving sides to personalities like Neri and others what would happen to the senate now that he is the president, would it be just like the lower house where the former and the new Speakers are for the administration. I'ts only now that JDV is airing the supposed to be negative issues. Unlike Villar upon knowing the administration's supposed to be irregularities he made distance. What now, when both the Speaker of the house and the Senate president are both pro administration?
@jlamela (4908)
I don't know. My trust to Philippine politicians deteriorated already that I don't know anymore who is really honest among senators, who has a pure heart to serve the filipinos, because from what I observed everybody is after only of power and nothing else. They did not even find exact solution how to improve the financial difficulties of the country what they did is change and change powers in the senate. I don't trust Enrile, he is another version of traditional politicians ruining the country.
@rsa101 (18556)
• Quezon City, Philippines
Well for the past few days it seems that Enrile is trying to perform his jobs well. According to the news he has started the session earlier than the usual compared to that with Senator Villar. I really could not say at this point in time as he has just started his term and it could be that he might just as making his first impression to the public. We will see what may come in the next coming days because from what I know he is a bit friendly with the administration.
In politics, I'm in the middle. He was voted as Senate President and I guess it's just ok for us to give him a chance, just like any other senator in office as of the moment. What I just don't like about it are the rumors that's spreading about Sen Villar and Sen Enrile. Comparing the two are pretty normal. As always. Someone new will be praised and the one who left will have negative reviews, let's wait til the next one seats, surely same old story will happen again. For now, let's see on what the newly elected senate president can do, if it's for the better, then, we should all support him and be thankful.
I am not that much into politics but I guess we should give the new senate president a try. I just hope he will do much better than Villar did...not against villar or anything I just hope they do what they could more for the country. Not just sit there and do nothing or think about theirselves alone.
@robinemz (211)
i honestly don't like him.
@mariefe18 (640)
I think he's too old to become a Senate President... lol... kidding aside maybe we should give him a chance to prove himself. i just which the cha-cha won't push through.
@owelm0408 (1011)
According to the news, Senate is more organize now (minimized idle time) with Enrile as the Senate President. Enrile is a former soldier, so i guess that was his training and i guess that's better.