How Do You Boost Your Immunity?

@Shar19 (8236)
I know some people out there never get sick. Lucky them. It makes me wonder what do they do to not get sick? I know some people like myself have a low immunity. If I think I may be coming down with something then I'll try to drink more orange juice. This doesn't always work though. What are some things you do to boost your immunity?
I am a student nurse and being in a medical field, drinking orange juice is not enough :), you also need to drink your vitamins & supplements regularly. Second, you should also be vaccinated to boost your immunity. These will serve as your protection from health illnesses or virus that you may get from other people, places or animals. These vaccines cannot guarantee that you are totally protected but it may lessen your risk of being sick. Also, eating nutritious foods such as fruits and vegetables can also enhance your health. I also believe that sleeping at least 8 hours every day may reduce the risk of getting sick. Lastly, drink lots and lots of water.
@Shar19 (8236)
I have been slacking with the fruits and vegetables lately. You're right about that. I'm not sure about the vaccines though. I know of people who get the flu vaccine and they wind up getting sick a lot more than if they didn't have the vaccine. I think I just need to get back to eating better and try and get more sleep. Thanks for your advice.
@spalladino (17923)
Do you take a multi-vitamin every day? There are other vitamins that help to boost your immune system but I don't know what they are off the top of my head. You should also make sure that you're getting enough sleep since lack of sleep can make you run down and then it's harder for your body to fight of viruses and infections. Drinking plenty of water is also good for you.
@Shar19 (8236)
I do take a multi vitamin everyday. I could use more sleep though. Thanks for your comment.
There no magic trick to having good immunity. I used to get colds, etc, but now I rarely get sick. I think it is because I exercise everyday and eat a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables. I know studies show that physical activity (at least 30 minutes a day) and getting vitamins from healthy foods are the best way to stay healthy!