Who is working Thanksgiving?

@taface412 (3175)
Since I work in a nursing home that never shuts down inevitably I will work some holidays. I do not mind it because I get time and a half plus a paid day off...so it's not a huge deal if I am stuck working one or two. I also like it because coming from a large family that has become a small family over the years I know what it is like to be alone or only have a few members around....so it's good for the residents to have a lot of familiar faces. If I wasn't working I would have liked to volunteer some hours at a soup kitchen or shelter. ANd I may look into for Christmas. So do you work on Thanskgiving? Do you volunteer on the holidays?
@leo0726 (31)
I worked on thanksgiving day.And i have one day off the day after thanksgiving day.it's not bad,i just stay with my family and get a good rest.
o,I think I whach dvd at home.I am alone.
I don't work, well, not a traditional job, stay at home dad, but I won't be working on Thanksgiving. I think its great that you do what you do, its hard I'm sure to not be with family and just relaxing but if you have good memories you can hold on to those when you can't make new ones. I'm sure you'll be a great addition where you work. I try to volunteer during the holidays, its better to give than receive.