Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston ,which is the better singer ?

@ronnyb (6117)
Jamaica
This is a tough one as both are exceptional singers .This is an attempt to distinguish between the two.Mariah has a higer pitched (I believe you call it falsetto typed voice,mind you I am not a music person),Whitney's voice is huskier.Based on my assessment Mariah's voice would be more suited for acoustic flavoured pop,whitney for more soulfull sound R&B AND JAZZ.Mariah can hit higher notes but she doesnt have the control Whitney has.In fact I have heard Mariah's voice crack or teeter on the edge of cracking,Whitney can hold a note forever - ever heard her in Dolly Parton's "I will always love you "(not sure if thats the name ),I could almost swear she held that high note for an hour before she let go and I believe she could have held it longer if she so desired. I have done the analysis ,now you draw the conclusions.
@coffeebreak (17811)
Frankly I can't stand either of them! THey are both act so arrogant and self righteous and "holier than thou" I can't stand to listen to either! But at least Whitney sings and is understandable, Mariah - can't understand a word she sings!
Yes i believe whitney houston and Carey are both incomparable singers .But i prefer the voice of whitney and the collection of her songs too. The melody and the notes are soul lifting especially the 'I wanna run to you' ' and i have nothing. But she still has so many other songs too that i like. Well,about Maria she has a high pitch and a really good voice but its not my taste as to whitneys songs.