What will you be doing on turkey day?

@Barb42 (4216)
Thanksgiving is usually a family day for our family. My daughter and her four children live over an hour away. They will be coming for dinner along with her older son's girlfriend and perhaps her daughter's boyfriend. So that means extra house cleaning for me. For family, I don't have to be that clean. LOL! Then, my son and his family live about 20 minutes away and they will be here as well. I'm just about to go to the grocery store to buy the ingredients for that good dinner. I'm getting a spiral ham and a turkey breast since most don't like the dark meat. I will have green beans, potato salad (unless I change my mind and just boil the potatoes),chicken dressing, sweet potato pies,and cake. I have to add macaroni and creamed corn for those who like one or the other. The kids are such picky eaters. For me, I could do with a ham sandwich and be done with it. But I never can make myself say we are only having cold cuts. I always say, 'maybe next year'. So what are you doing for Thanksgiving? How many will be at your house or perhaps you are going out to eat like some of our friends? That would be nice - just too big of a crowd for us to have to go out.
@cripfemme (7713)
Basically, nothing. My assistant Jen, her mom, and I were supposed to go out and eat Chinese food, but they're closed. It was depressing. Don't worry. I won't be starving. Jen got me a nice dinner from the grocery store and we're supposed to make brownies. According to her, they're supposed to be famous (or they at least get her a lot of favors).
@Barb42 (4216)
You all are smart. No cooking and cleaning up the mess! I've been doing that most of the afternoon. I have a cake to still put on in a few minutes. But I've been washing all afternoon, too. I just finished mopping my kitchen and laundry room floors and have washed my throw rugs. I'm ready to sleep tomorrow. But no such luck!
@Ravenladyj (22936)
Here it will only be myself, my husband and my two kids....but I'm still making the big Turkey feast like I do every year....We're having turkey, stuffing, smashed taters, corn, homemade apple pie, sparkling grape juice (the kids love having that on special occasions in the fancy glasses etc LOL) and I think thats it...Other than stuffing our faces we really wont be doing much different..