What do you do with leather? Crafts, make things out of necessity, gifts, sell?

@writersedge (22577)
Since I can only do about one row of loom knitting (knifty knitter) and then when I go to do the second, my finger and wrist revolt, I'm going to my Tandy Leather kit. I may just do stamping with my good fingers/wrist and just use my bad one to keep the leather from moving around (reverse my hand usage). I've only really used leather to replace shoe laces before. See the picture of the three stamps I bought. I also have three pattern stamps that came with the kit. I need two key pulls/tabs, one fell of my jacket and another off my pouch. With nothing to grab onto, using your fingernail to try to slide or pull zippers is a pain. After I've made the zipper pulls for me, I think I'll stamp some coasters, but hours later or on another day. Below are the three picture stamps that I have. The pattern stamps I can't scan very well, they come with a metal rod that they're part of. They're patterns: sort of a flower, rays, and dots. So what do you do with leather and if you're vegan or vegetarian or against leather use or just haven't used leather, what do you do with faux leather or would you like to do with faux leather?
@ElicBxn (61078)
Lordy, I made some leather coasters back in high school! That was nearly 40 YEARS ago! I don't mind using leather, not being a vegan or anything. In fact, I rather need to wear leather shoes rather than plastic because of my feet problems, and they sweat so much!
@ElicBxn (61078)
I was in a handicraft class. We did leather work, made those clear plastic things with what look like flowers in them, even lost wax silver jewelry. We made candles, gosh, I don't remember what all, it was a fun class. I also had an art class, more than made up for the fact that I had to get tutored after school in math to pass.
@writersedge (22577)
Our art classes had combinations of things, like colligraphy, painting, etc. in High School. I took arts and crafts for Children in college because my major was Elementary Education. Loved it. It's where I learned weaving and all sorts of things.
@ElicBxn (61078)
Oh, I think I learned weaving - after a fashion - in art class like 9th grade, but I did that loop loom weaving for pot holders as a child. I have done all kinds crafts, I'll try anything once and if I like it, I'll try it again. About the ONLY thing I haven't really liked is knitting.
@carolbee (16231)
Don't see any pictures on this discussion so am assuming they are really colorful. Dots are really big this year. I have never worked with leather. I would think it's terribly hard to work with unless you have special tools and needles. Would really like to see your finished product when complete. Hopefully you can post it on myLot for all of us to see.
@writersedge (22577)
I think I did post it on another post, but just in case I didn't, here are the pictures.
@writersedge (22577)
It didn't come up, not sure why, maybe because I have it somewhere else.