Are you part of God or is God part of you?

@savypat (20245)
How would it change your life if you could believe that you were a cell in God's body? This was my morning thought for the day. The more I put my mind to this the more questions I had. Can you think about this? Can you think of questions? I've been getting some wonderful, thoughtful responses from you to some of these interesting questions. Thank you.
There are several philosophies regarding this. I have read that the universe is the body of God and we are his parts things. Yup, that is a delightful concept. As the same time, I have also read that...the divine is an ocean, and we are the drops. But each drop has the same qualities as the ocean and is therefore, still the ocean. Tough eh? LOL!! A very interesting discussion. Cheers and happy mylotting
@savypat (20245)
I'm glad you liked this, I love to post these thoughts and questions, I don't get many responses but the ones I get are worth it. Thank you
@Galena (9120)
I am a Pagan myself, with a slightly pantheistic viewpoint. I say slightly, as I still believe in Gods as distinct beings, but these distinct beings are what is referred to as an archetype. and a personification of something that is so large and so different to us that we can only really interact with it by giving it a face and nature more similar to our own. so I tend to use the terms Deity and Gods differently. Deity is the creative force of the universe. Gods are the faces that we assign to that energy. so Deity, well it's probably easiest to explain as being like The Force, in Star Wars. it's a part of us, this creative force, and why we wake up each day, why we breed, why we love, why we learn, and why we strive. it's in every cell of our being, and that same creative force is in every cell of trees, rocks, plants, animals, everything. because we are full of this creative force, we are truly a part of the universe around us, we share something with everything around us, as we are all made of the same things. we all carry the divine force within us. and because we are made of the Divine, we are a part of the Divine.
@Galena (9120)
thank you for best response.
@arunmails (3012)
If you are believing God the Jesus, then I tell you one thing....... it is in the Bible said that, "We are the Body of God"...... and you are telling that we are the one of the cell of God's body..... whatever it might be..... ultimately both are telling that we must be holy...... thats it..... right????
Absolutely, both ideas are absolutely true. I've always believed there's a tiny chip of God in each of us, and that's our best side. We're part of God, too, so that we can be protected and watched over with love. Are you familiar with Namaste? I honor the part of you that is God and the part of God that is you. Namaste, dear friend.
@rocketj1 (6960)
My views on this question will be from my Christian perspective. The Bible refers to followers of Jesus as "the body of Christ". This is a similar concept to the one you are thinking about. We are supposed to act as Christ would to the world. We are his "hands and feet". In other words we reach out to the world and travel through it as representatives of Christ. I think that if we were to take our job here more seriously or understand the gravity of the situation of the world around us, we would see more cooperation between Christians of all persuasions. There would be less conflict and much more practical love shown to the people around us. Wonderful question, my friend!