Cabin Fever

@lilybug (21145)
I am getting cabin fever here. My mom wrecked her car over a week ago, so she has been borrowing my car almost every day to go to work. Not that I really mind. She is my mother and I love her and I like that I am able to help her out in that way. BUT, I am getting sick of being stuck in the house all day long and not able to go anywhere! Do you ever get sick of being cooped up in the house and cannot go anywhere?
@ersmommy1 (12595)
Oh heck yeah! Been there several times. Usually it is when my daughter has been ill. And we wait that extra day, just in case. Makes me even happier and appreciate when I do get out. Take heart knowing you are doing a good thing helping your mom.
@sudalunts (5526)
We had just one car until about one and half months ago. My husband uses the car doing the day, I am currently unemployed so I am stuck in the house all day. I usually just go next door to the store in order to say that I was not in the house all day. So after getting the other car, I had freedom to go to the store or anywhere I wanted to. Now the insurance has expired on the first car, so I am back to being stuck in the house.
I have a second car for instances like that. However, it is not the safest car so I try not to drive it too much.. only when needed. That sounds like a tight situation for you. I hope your mom gets her car fixed soon.
Is it feasible for you to take your mom to work and then pick her up again? Maybe not everyday sicne gas prices aren't guaranteed to stay under $3/gallon, but at least a couple days a week. This way you could get out every now and again, and your mom would still get the help she needs. then of course it is also a good idea to explore hobbies and activities you can indulge in at home.
@lilybug (21145)
Gas is under $1.50 here. I have thought about taking her to work, but it is 25 miles one way. On top of that my son the time my son has to be at school I would have to get him up about 20 minutes early, so I can toss him in the car with us and I would have to wake the baby up. Then I would have to drive the 25 miles just to turn around and take him straight to school. Then I would have to drive all the way back to do any shopping. I would also have to leave the house as soon as my son gets home from school to go get her. It is doable, but annoying. I might do it tomorrow though since I have a lot of stuff I really need to do.
My wife would empathize quite well with this. I, myself, don't. I'm a homebody if I get a chance and, at the end of the day's work, I want to be home and stay there.
This reminds me of a conversation I had with my mom a couple of days ago. I was talking about the time my dad forgot to pick me up from school when I was in the 10th grade. She told me about the time my dad let one of his friends borrow the car she usually used, back when they had first gotten married. It was probably about 33 years ago. She said he had borrowed her car out, and then he would forget he had to pick her up from work. And on the weekends, she would be stuck home with my sister and I. She said it would drive her nuts because the weekend was the time she got caught up on grocery shopping, and he would just forget she had no transportation. I can't imagine my dad doing that to her now. LOL He has learned his lessons!