Would you blame the PC TECHNICIAN?

@n30wing (4768)
I have a friend that got problem with his PC and send it to the technician. His unit got no display (only black screen and the cpu got power) I told him that maybe got a prob with his video card. When the technician started to repair it, they discover that there is no power in the cpu and it seems that the unit is dead. He blame the technician for it. Do you think it is fair?
Its not the technicians fault. If hes just bought the pc, then it must be under warranty and guarantee. I think he should talk to the person from whom he bought the pc.
@n30wing (4768)
I understand and that's what I told him. His pc is out of warranty. His point is that his PC still has power but after the technician touches it, there is no power anymore. Thanks for the reply!
Right... There are technicians, GOD know who made then technicians. But this time, I think the technician is right. Because your friend just saw that there is no display. He/She didn't knew the actual cause of the failure. The technician examined it and told the actual cause of failure.
@rosdimy (3936)
The technician may be at fault. It may be coincidental but from the experiences I went through. There are careless technicians who would put the blame on customers. There are incompetent technicians, making us wonder how they manage to become technicians. There are crooks, who always try to hit their customers. Your friend may be right.
@Asylum (48067)
• Manchester, England
It is a matter of why there is no power. If the processor had power before then it could have been faulty already and finally failed. You cannot blame the technician for the problem without good cause, which would require knowing what the initial problem was with the computer.