Just Another Memory......

@sconibear (8010)
do you own one of those instant cameras??? the kind that spits out the picture after you take it??? well if you do, you might want to think about stocking up on film. i just saw on the news that Polaroid will no longer manufacture the instant film. they say that digital cameras have become so popular that their instant cameras have become obsolete. they're claiming you might be able to find film until about the middle of next year and then the supply will start to dry up. so what do you think??? is this just another relic to leave in the the past with rabbit ear TV antennas, and VCRs??? or could this actually be a lucrative money making opportunity for someone???
@myklj999 (32989)
• Olney, Illinois
You forgot to mention 8-track tapes... Being as digital cameras have become so cheap and give instant gratification, I can see their point in discontinuing the Polaroids. I mean, with digital, you know you have a crappy picture as soon as you take it, instead of fearfully awaiting as the image slowly comes forth to see how horrible you looked in it.
@sconibear (8010)
so true mykl, but i look fondly at the days in So. Cal. having pool parties, drinking out of the "Party Bowl", waiting for track 2 to switch to track 3 so you could here the second half of "Slowride" and taking pictures with the Polaroid and throwing them in the pool....because we were convinced that the pool water made them develop faster.
@kaliyha (591)
Oh my. I love Polaroids. They remind me of the days when I was still in high school. But the thing is, digital cameras aren't just popular because its the latest. But one of the reasons why its better to use digital cameras is the fact that is more economical. Not only that, I think that they are basically more eco-friendly than Polaroids.
@sconibear (8010)
yeah but the Polaroids are just so much fun at a party!
yeah its been known for awhile they were gonna get rid of that but not widely told which i think is screwed up.. my hubby found out some how because he used to sell cameras months ago and found out then and yet they were still pushing every one to sell them!!